Ablation

Holly walked into St

Holly walked into St. Thomas with Abel, both of them had an appointment there. She walked into her room, waiting for the doctor. Things had calmed down quite a bit in the last few weeks. Bobby was coming home from prison, Opie was coming home from his trip, her shoulder had healed quite a bit and she and Jax had just finished unpacking Holly's stuff at their place. She thought she might be pregnant again, but she wanted to make sure before she said anything. She still hadn't told Jax about her abortion, and she wasn't planning on ever letting him know. Not because he didn't deserve to know, but because he didn't need to know that that decision had been made without him. And it was a big decision at that. But this time if she was, she would talk to Jax. She looked over when the doctor came in, setting Abel down on the floor next to the table. It didn't take too much longer for the doctor to start up the ultrasound monitor and put the wand on her belly with the gel, which was surprisingly warm. Holly kept her eyes closed, biting her lip nervously. And then she heard it. The heartbeat. Her eyes flew open and her head snapped over to the monitor to see what looked like a little white bean in a sea of black. She couldn't believe it, tears filling her eyes as the doctor took a picture.

"Would you like a picture to take home?"

She just nodded, rendered speechless as she sat up, doing up her jeans before getting the printout and leaving, going to Abel's appointment. It was a routine checkup, so she was in and out quickly. She called Jax, leaving a message that he had to get to clubhouse right away, but not telling him why before driving to the store to buy a card for him, putting it in the card before sealing the envelope and driving off to the clubhouse. When she got there, she had to focus on not ruining the surprise. She got out of the car and got Abel out, grabbing the card before going in, seeing Jax come over to her.

"I just got your message and was just about to call you. What's wrong? Is Abel ok?"
"Abel's fine."

She handed him the card before going to put Abel in the office with Gemma, waiting for Jax to come find her. Which didn't take long. She smiled to herself when she heard him running to the office.

"Are you serious?"
"Yeah, I am."
"Holy...."

She smiled when he pulled her in for a hug and a passionate kiss. Holding her close but being careful with her. When they pulled away, she had tears in her eyes.

"You're happy about it? Really happy?"
"It's not the greatest timing in the world, but I'm happy."
"What are you two talking about?"

Jax didn't say a word as he handed his mom Holly's ultrasound, both of them smiling when Gemma jumped up and smiled, hugging them both.