Caregiver

Holly dialed Jax's number, sitting outside in the backyard, taking a drink of her tea

"Babe? Everything ok?"
"I just needed to hear your voice. I had a bad dream and I got worried about you. How are you doing?"
"I'm trying to hold on, but I'm still struggling a bit. You sound better. Like you finally got enough sleep."
"I did, actually. I don't feel as nauseous either. So I decided to sit out in the backyard. Get some fresh air and some sun."
"You wearing that little bikini of yours?"
"Only for you, my love."

She smiled, hearing the smile in his voice. She knew he was probably faking it for her sake, but she'd take it. She took another drink and sighed softly.

"Any more news?"
"Nothing yet. We're working on it."
"I'm thinking about coming back to Charming. As much as I needed this getaway, I wanna be at home. I miss our bed."
"I would say go ahead but there's no one we could spare to watch over you. We're working on recruiting bodies on top of looking for Abel. Everyone's tied up in shit, babe."
"I know. I miss you."
"I miss you too."

She heard voices in the background.

"I'll let you go. Call me later."

Holly drove around, looking for Gemma's dad's caddy, finally spotting it outside the woods, following the trail down to a gorgeous lake, sitting next to Nate

"You remember everything, don't you?"
"Yes, I do."
"Tig is fine. We were able to get the bullet out and there's no damage. Gemma's worried about you."
"I hate this."
"I'm sorry. And I wish that I could change things for you. But I can't. All I can do is tell you that you have someone you can lean on."
"Oh please. Gemma's been gone so long that we don't know each other anymore because of how things went between her and her mother. And my caretaker's only around because Rose paid for it. I'm supposed to go to a home and I don't want to."
"I'm sorry."
"Who are you to Gemma?"
"I'm dating her son and carrying his baby."
"Congratulations."
"Thank you. But things aren't going so well for us right now either."
"What do you mean, darlin'?"

She smiled softly and let out a soft laugh.

"That's what Jax calls me. Jax's son, our son, was kidnapped. Gemma doesn't know, because Jax doesn't want her to have a heart attack or irritate her heart condition, but I miss that little boy. I've been through more than my fair share of tragedies this past year and this is just the latest. I'm doing a little better, but I'm still struggling pretty hard with things. All I can do is hope that things will get better."