SO

Holly had forced herself to step into old lady mode, taking care of Jax, making sure he at least had pretzels to eat as he drank and smoked

Holly had forced herself to step into old lady mode, taking care of Jax, making sure he at least had pretzels to eat as he drank and smoked. She'd done her best to get him to move every now and then. Unsuccessfully. Chibs made her sit and feel everything she needed to feel that first day, making her sit and talk to him. She was currently making coffee as the guys came into the house. She looked at Clay.

"He's in the nursery."

She walked back with Opie, cleaning up the bottles and empty cigarette cartons, letting the guys in. She went to start a shower for Jax, having gotten good at getting him in and out on her own. She let Opie help her get him into the bathroom and out of his jeans and boxers before kicking him out so she could wash him up and dried off. She wrapped them both in towels before bringing him into the bedroom to get him dressed and getting dressed herself. As she went to put some socks on him, she looked up when she felt him grip her wrist gently. The first real movement he made that didn't involve cigarettes or alcohol.

"I can do it, babe."
"Are you sure? I don't mind helping you out."
"You haven't been helping out, Holly. You've been doing everything on your own."
"You're hurting, Jax. You've been numb. I don't mind doing things. It helps to stay busy."
"You're hurting too."

She shrugged as she bent down to put his socks on, biting back the thought on her mind. This was not the time to bring up her possible pregnancy. She looked at him as she stood up, helping him up.

"The guys are here. I guess Laroy found the guy that gave Cameron a fake ID or something."
"Ok. Would you mind making me some coffee?"
"Already did. And some breakfast. And before you argue, don't. You've been eating nothing but pretzels and whiskey. You need something substantial. I'm making the guys stay for breakfast too."

He nodded and kissed her softly. She kissed him back, trying really hard to stifle her gag reflex. He hadn't brushed his teeth yet and his mouth tasted like cigarette smoke, whiskey and morning breath. She pulled away and walked out with him, going to make the guys plates of food before making them all sit and eat, giving Jax a cup of coffee, kissing his head gently before going to the bathroom to empty her stomach as quietly as she could. She couldn't wait to hear the results from her OB. She brushed her teeth before going out, running into Jax, who was just about to knock on the door.

"Hey, babe. Did you get enough to eat?"
"Yeah. I just came to talk to you."
"Ok. Let's go into the bedroom."

She walked into the bedroom with him, closing the door before going to sit on the bed with him, looking at him.

"How are you doing with all this?"
"That's kind of a stupid question, Jax. I'm in pain. I couldn't catch up to Cameron and save Abel. I tried super hard and I failed. You made me his mom and I got Eddie killed and Abel kidnapped. I had hoped that I could at least get Cameron to take me with him and Abel so that you knew Abel had me with him, but I failed. So now I'm putting all of my focus on you so you can find our son and bring him home."
"This isn't on you, Holly. Stahl, once again, blamed one of us and didn't care about the consequences. A member's dead, mom's hiding out and our son is missing."