Huang Wu

Jax sat in the living room, talking on the phone with Holly's uncle

Jax sat in the living room, talking on the phone with Holly's uncle. He hadn't been able to talk to him alone about the surprise wedding.

"Why don't you want Holly to know?"
"Holly's never thought about what she would've wanted for a wedding because she never thought she'd get to this point. I gave that ring to her almost 2 years ago and we haven't been able to do much about. I'm tired of making her empty promises. She deserves better than that. And I know she'd love to have you guys there. It won't replace having her parents there, but I know she'd love it."
"Of course we'll be there. And you're a good guy, Jax. I know my dad worried about her for a long time but feels better knowing she's in good hands."

He smiled to himself before looking towards the stairs when he heard movement from upstairs.

"I gotta go. Holly's up."
"Let me know when and where and we'll be there."
"I will. And I hope you guys are ready for dinner tonight. Holly slaved all day yesterday making sure the house was clean and that she had everything she needed to make dinner."
"We're all looking forward to it."
"Good. Later, man."
"Goodbye."

He looked back as Holly came downstairs, holding onto Lilia, smiling a bit at her, taking a drink of his coffee before taking the baby from her.

"Morning, babe."
"Morning, baby. Who were you talking to?"
"Your uncle. Making sure they were still on board with the deal."
"What'd he say?"
"He's looking forward to seeing the hardware."
"Good."

He kissed her back when she bent down to kiss him.

"You want something to eat, baby?"
"No. I gotta get to the shop. The guys and I have to talk about shit before the Irish and your family gets here."
"Ok. I have a surprise for Chibs for his birthday."
"What's the surprise?"
"I arranged for the Kings to bring Fiona and Kerrienne with them. I got the text from Fiona last night. They're both excited to see Chibs again."

He smiled at her, kissing her a little deeper.

"We'd all be lost without you, babe."

They both looked over when they heard Juice start waking up from the couch.

"I'll make some pancakes."
"Just put out some cereal. I'll have Chucky come over to help you out today."
"Ok. You gotta keep quiet about Chibs' gift, ok?"
"I promise."