Dorylus

Jax watched Holly sleep, crying quietly as he watched her, holding onto his daughter, rocking her gently

Jax watched Holly sleep, crying quietly as he watched her, holding onto his daughter, rocking her gently. Holly was right. As usual. He'd fucked up and he really hurt her. The one person in his life that had never let him down. That never turned their back on him. That was always in his corner no matter what. His guardian angel and his biggest supporter. He needed to make it up to her but he didn't know how. And as a result of this huge mistake, he'd missed the birth of his daughter. He wanted to be in the room for it and Holly actually had him pushed out of the room. He'd been forced to stay in the waiting room with the others. He looked down at Valentina, kissing her head gently before putting her in the bassinet before kissing Holly's head, feeling her wake up.

"What are you doing here, Jax?"
"I had to see you. Check on you."
"Have you been crying?"
"Yeah, I have. But it doesn't matter."
"What happened?"

She rubbed her eyes as she moved the bed so she was sitting up, looking at him. Despite how much he'd hurt her, he was still the love of his life and her old man.

"Talk to me, Jax."
"I'm sorry. I know you hate me and I know I hurt you, and I'd do anything to make it right. I'd give anything. I love you, Holly. When shit goes down, I wanna push you away to keep you safe, but I've come to need your guidance in everything I do, everything I come up against when I don't know what to do. It would kill me to lose you or the kids. I'm begging. Please give me another chance?"

She let a couple of tears fall as she listened to him, watching him get onto his knees next to her bed and take her hand. She'd never seen him beg like this.

"I love you, Jax. I always have. Some of that was pregnancy hormones, but to have everything that I've done for you be shit on like that hurt more than I've ever been hurt before."
"I'd give anything to go back in time to take back what I said. To keep me from saying that shit."

She sat there, thinking for a couple minutes. She could forgive him and be a family with him again. Or she could be strong and prove her point. But her need for comfort and to feel loved won out.

"You ever hurt me like that again and I'll take the kids, leave Charming and you will never see us again. And I'm not kidding. I can be as strong as I need to be, but I will not be treated like this. By anyone. Especially not by someone that I've given my life to. Am I clear?"
"Yes. Crystal clear."