Giving Back

Holly looked up at Jax as her breathing slowed to a normal rate, her heart rate slowing down a bit too

Holly looked up at Jax as her breathing slowed to a normal rate, her heart rate slowing down a bit too. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him in for a kiss, holding onto him, her body still shaking a bit. She felt him pull her close to her as he laid down next to her, both of them panting in exhaustion. They laid there for a while in silence. It had been a long bad day and they both desperately needed some sort of escape. And they most definitely found it. Holly turned to look at him when her breathing evened out.

"What were you telling me earlier?"
"About what?"
"You started talking about your mom doing something and I interrupted you."
"Oh. She's helping out in some kind of fundraiser for the school. She's asking all of us to help out and wanted to know if you would help out. Preferably by making something or helping Bobby with the kids."
"It's gonna cost her."
"She's aware."
"Ok, then."

She sat up and looked at him.

"When is it?"
"This weekend."
"Oooh."
"You're working, aren't you?"
"Yes and no. I have jury duty this weekend. In one of Rosen's cases."

Holly walked over to Jax when she pulled into the clubhouse lot, tapping him on the shoulder

"Hey, darlin'. What're you doing here? I thought you had jury duty."
"Guy pled out. I'm free. So I thought I'd come with you. And why does everyone look so freaking tense?"
"April Hobart approached Gemma and asked if she'd get Clay to do a vote."
"On what?"
"Kyle coming to the school to see his son play in his band tonight."

She glared at Jax, anger flashing in her eyes at that name. Before Opie's arrest, Holly and Kyle had been sleeping together. Kyle had never told Holly that he was married, telling her that April was just someone he was co-parenting with. The truth came out when it was revealed that Kyle's cowardice had gotten Opie arrested, causing him to become excommunicated from the club. April had found a pair of Holly's panties in Kyle's underwear drawer as she was packing up his things and confronted Holly, telling her everything. Holly was humiliated and beyond guilty about what happened. It took a little while to get over that, but when Kyle left, he'd never apologized to either April or Holly.

"He's not coming here to Charming."
"Well....."
"You've gotta be fucking kidding me????"

Jax pulled her over to the bikes as a couple of the guys looked over at them.