A Mother's Work

Holly looked at herself in the mirror, trying not to cry as Kerrienne did her hair and Fiona put her shoes on for Holly

"You ready for your dress, sugar bear?"

All she could do was nod. She was speechless. In a good way. She couldn't believe Jax had set all this up. Just so he could marry her. She stood up carefully and went over to Venus, letting Venus and Fiona help her into the dress, panties, and garter before letting Fiona do her makeup.

"And the final touch, sugar bear."

Holly watched in the mirror as Venus put the flower crown on her head, starting to tear up a bit. She was gonna be married to the man she loved more than life itself.

Jax stood at the altar with Opie, waiting patiently for Holly to come out

Jax stood at the altar with Opie, waiting patiently for Holly to come out. And then he saw her. Her blonde hair under the blue flowers blowing in the light wind. Her wet eyes sparkling in the dimming light and matched his own. The dress clinging to her in the best ways. But more than the dress or the flowers or her hair, he loved her smile. It was the smile he fell in love with. The smile that brightened his darkest days and warmed his heart. The smile that he would, and has, killed for. The smile that he would die for if she asked. He smiled back at her as a couple tears dripped down his face as he watched Holly walk down the aisle with Chibs, who was beaming. He took her hand gently when she reached him, clapping Chibs' shoulder before letting him sit down so Opie could start.

"I'm not good at this shit. But I've known Jax and Holly since the three of us were born. I've seen them go through everything. The tricky shit, the difficult shit and the shit that should've broken them a long time ago. And through it all, they've remained by each other's side. Now they're standing in front of their friends and family, a new promise. You two have anything you wanna say?"

Jax watched Holly nod and clear her throat, his own throat thick with emotion.

"Jax. When we were kids, most girls were playing with dolls and starting to plan out what it would look like when they got married. Lots of tulle, fluffy white princessy looking dresses and puppies and rainbows. When we were older, the other girls' visions of their weddings changed to include a hot celebrity to marry them and their favorite band playing. I was never one of the girls that planned out their wedding or what it would look like when I was married because nobody else measured up. They were losers that didn't deserve my love. They weren't you. But now, through everything we've been through, when I pictured us getting married, it looked a little different than this, but the feeling would be the same. You and me, standing in front of the people that we love, being watched over by the people that love us."