To Be Act II

Holly was just getting back into bed after coming back from having a shower, getting comfortable as Jax came in

Holly was just getting back into bed after coming back from having a shower, getting comfortable as Jax came in. She looked at him as she sat back, watching him sit down next to her.

"You look like you're ready to hit someone. What happened?"
"Clay beat my mother over those fucking letters. I'm struggling with everything, Hol. And I don't know how to clear my head."
"Is your mom ok?"
"Yeah."
"Good. As for clearing your head, talk to me."
"I don't want to burden you."
"Go ahead, Jax. I don't mind."

She watched as he sighed, putting his head in his hands for a minute before looking at her.

"I never wanted presidency this way. At first, I thought I could just convince the guys to vote Clay out because of the shit he was doing and the way we were butting heads. The way shit went down with Cameron and Kellan and Jimmy O, I thought I could twist it and convince Clay to step down willingly. I'm finally president and it doesn't feel real. It doesn't feel right."
"It doesn't feel right because this wasn't out of revenge over something trivial. It doesn't feel real because this time you have everyone in your corner. You said it yourself, the reason you wanted Clay to step down because you were butting heads. With the way things went with the Irish when Abel was taken, you still weren't thinking straight. This time around, the revenge makes sense and the guys know it. It's the right time for you to step up and be president and the guys are all behind you. Look at everything you've done since. The shit with the cartel is done. You made a decent deal with the Irish to keep up the relationship. You're doing a great job. You just need to take a second to breathe and get used to the new patch. It's a new thing, Jax."
"And what about you? I always had an image of you standing by my side when I got the president's patch."
"I will always be on your side, Jackson. But the fact that I'm not your old lady is your own doing."
"I know. And I wish I had done things differently."
"I do too, Jax. But I don't wanna talk about us. I still don't know how I can get past this. It's gonna take me some time, Jax."
"I know. I'm sorry, Holly."
"I am too."

Holly walked into the clubhouse, knocking on the door of the chapel, opening the door when she heard Jax say to come in

"Holly? Are you ok?"
"Yeah. I just wanted to let you know I was home. For good."
"Come here for a minute?"

She nodded as she walked over to Jax, letting him pull her into his lap as she looked him in the eyes. She'd spent the entire day thinking about their situation, and she'd come to a decision. A pretty huge decision.

"I'm still trying to forgive you. You have a lot to make up for and you're on your very last chance. And I'm not kidding this time. I won't take you back again if you hurt me. I don't care what the reason is."

She kissed his cheek gently before standing up, holding his hand.

"Will I see you at home?"
"Why don't you stay? I'll take you home."
"No. I need to get to bed. The pain meds are kicking my ass. I've got Phil waiting for me in the car. I love you. Jackass."

He smiled at her, kissing her hand softly.

"I love you too, babe."