Los Fantasmas

Jax sat in the dining room with the guys and Venus, knowing that Holly and the kids were still asleep

"Are you sure about this, Jax? I know Holly isn't the wedding planning type, but she's willingly putting this aside to help us."
"I know. But I'm not gonna keep making her empty promises. I'm gonna marry that girl before anything else happens and we can't. So call over to Wahewa. See if we can use their land this weekend. She's gonna want her family there. Venus, I want you to take her and the kids out. She's gonna need a dress. I'll give you the money for it. I don't want her knowing anything about this. She needs something good to happen. So do I."

He looked at Chibs when he clapped his shoulder.

"Don't worry, Jackie Boy. We've got this."
"I don't want her knowing about this until the day it all happens. But I want it to be everything she deserves."

Holly looked over as Patterson walked into her office, watching as she sat down

"I've been trying to give the MC the time you requested, but people are outraged over what happened at Count of Aquino. I can't protect them anymore."
"I know. I've had to turn people away cause it would be a conflict of interest for me to represent them. And you're not protecting them. Jax and I are. But you need to continue to stay quiet. Not because of any threat, but because if all goes the way I have it planned out, by the time you put enough together to waste your time and the taxpayers' money, it won't matter. The club will have gone legit and won't have any more ties to guns and that kind of heat."
"So what am I supposed to do?"
"You haven't said anything about Arcadio Nerona or Darvany Jennings. I can give you the bodies. Twist it as a suicide/murder pact. Guilt for what happened with Matthew. I don't wanna use those poor souls like this, but this protects my club and my family."
"Why are you doing this? You could've taken those kids and left."
"I was raised to take care of the people that mean something to me. The club is my body. Mine and Jax's kids are my heart. And Jax is my soul. Take those things away from me, even one of those things, and you take away my reason for living. There's something that Jax's dad used to say. Blood makes you related but loyalty makes you family. SAMCRO and Nero are my family. I'd do anything for my family. Surely you can understand that."
"I can."

She gave Patterson a small smile.

"Give me the bodies and I'll give the MC the time it needs."
"I promise to do what I can. If I can't get the bodies I'll figure something else out."
"Fair enough."
"But make no mistake, Tyne Patterson. I'm not a rat. I don't care what you throw at me. I'm not giving up my family."

She looked over when she saw Venus at the door, waving her in.

"I hope you have a good day, Ms. Patterson."
"You too, Ms. Pavlov."

She nodded, getting up and hugging Venus.

"Hey, V. What're you doing here?"
"I actually came to see if you wanted to go shopping. I heard from my Joey and I'm in need of a distraction."
"You're in luck. I have a short day today and I'm always up for shopping. I wanna bring the kids with me, if that's ok."
"That's fine, sugar bear. When can you leave?"
"I have to file these and then we can go."

It was about 20 minutes before Holly was able to leave, going with Venus down to the van."

"I'll follow you to the house."
"Ok."

When Holly and Venus pulled into the driveway, she climbed out and went inside to hear Valentina crying and screaming and seeing that Jessica was passed out on the living room floor. Abel and Tommy were coloring while Lilia was napping in her bouncer. She cursed under her breath and bent down to check for a pulse, feeling a very faint one, calling for an ambulance.

"Hey, Abel? Why don't you and Tommy go upstairs and play in the playroom?"
"Ok, mommy."
"And take mommy's phone and call daddy. Tell him that Ms. Jess is sick."
"Is there something you want me to do, sugar bear?"
"Will you take Val upstairs and keep an eye on the kids? I'm gonna stay with Jessica until the ambulance gets here."
"Ok."
"Sorry our plans got derailed. We'll go later."
"It's ok. Watching the kids gives me something to focus on."
"Thanks. Ask if the kids have eaten?"
"I will."

By the time the ambulance had gotten there, Jax and the guys beat the EMTs there, only to have them pronounce Jessica dead. And the syringe in Jessica's purse suggested an overdose. Holly gave the police her statement when Eglee got there before going to make lunch for the kids.

"Did you have any idea that Jess was using?"
"Of course not, Jax. After the shit that happened with Wendy and Gemma, do you really think that I would let anyone watch our kids while they were impaired?"
"Of course not, babe. I just had to ask."
"I didn't know anything."

She leaned into Jax when he came over, sighing softly as she felt him kiss her head.

"Why don't you and Venus take the kids out for lunch? Clear your head and have some fun."
"Are you sure, baby?"
"I'm sure. Go out. Have some fun. Here."

She looked as Jax handed her a wad of cash, taking it from him. They both knew that she didn't need help with money, but Holly knew it made Jax feel better to pay for things for her here and there. She put it in her purse and looked at him.

"I'll go change and then Venus and I will leave."

Holly walked back into the house a few hours later, smiling to herself as she let the kids go off to play, holding onto Lilia, who had fallen asleep

Holly walked back into the house a few hours later, smiling to herself as she let the kids go off to play, holding onto Lilia, who had fallen asleep. While they were out, she and Venus decided to look at wedding stuff. And at the first place they went to, Holly found a beautiful dress that she loved. It was a lacey and vintage looking dress that had a detachable skirt which, when you took off the overlay, turned it into a shorter high-low dress. It wasn't super fancy, but it was still girly and gorgeous. And when she tried it on, she teared up, imagining herself getting married to Jax in that dress. She bought it on the spot, paying a little extra for the alterations. The bust had to be let out now that her tits were bigger after four kids. But she was happy. She found a few other things that she really liked for the wedding. She didn't want anything super fancy or over the top. She would've loved to get married at the clubhouse, but the Wahewa was just as good.

"Hey, babe. You look happy."
"I am, baby. I found my dress."
"Dress for what?"
"Our wedding. I found my wedding dress. It's perfect, Jax."

He smiled and kissed her softly, holding her close.

"I'm glad to see you so happy. You eat yet?"
"Not dinner. I was gonna make something."
"Well, I didn't know when you were gonna be back. I was just about order a pizza."
"Order a couple kids pizzas?"
"Yeah. What do you want on ours?"
"Bacon, olives and mushrooms."

She kissed him again before putting Lilia upstairs in her crib, letting her sleep before going downstairs, standing on the bottom steps, smiling as she watched her family.

"My God I'm lucky."