Chapter 33

We walked in silence to Snapes office and stepped into the chimney. We puffed and we were once again at Malfoy manor, Cissa looked upset that we were taken out of school. We walked up the stairs to his new found "office".

I knocked and the door swung open there was 9 other death eaters leaned against the wall. Staring me up and down I wanted to bitch slap them all, I walked up to the desk and stopped. I tilted my head down a little before speaking.

"You summoned us my lord" Draco questioned

"Yes" his snake started to slither across the floor, and went straight to his side "how are things progressing"

"The school are unaware of our marks" I spoke clearly "the ministry are refusing to acknowledge your return instead they sent a member of their staff to come to the school and rid all thoughts of it, they are even trying to prevent students from practicing defence spells"

"Excellent" he nods "you may leave"

We nod "of course my lord" We exit the room and make our way down stairs, Cissa pulled us into a hug.

"Please stay safe and out of trouble!" She glared at us

"Cissa I never get in trouble" I say appalled

She raises an eyebrow and points the finger at me "we both know your attitude can get the best of you sometimes and your sass just comes out" I giggle at her "you need to stay on Umbridge's good side ok promise me"

"I promise"

"Okay now go back to school" We step inside the chimney and reappear in snapes office. Snape was sitting in his chair with a potions book.

"All went well I'm guessing" he questioned, Draco nods "yes it went fine"

"Good now run along"

I walked to the door and stepped out of his office, Umbridge was walking along the corridor when we stepped out, she stopped in front of us.

"Why aren't you two in class"

"Professor Snape wanted to speak with us" she nods, she looked me up and down and stopped on my heels

"Them shoes aren't really appropriate for school" Well neither is your pink man suit but you don't here me discussing how it's not appropriate.No one comments on my shoes.

"There is nothing in the school rules that prohibits students from wearing heels as shoes, it says 'students may wear shoes of their own choice as long as they can walk in them' and I can walk in these"

"Do I detect sass?"

"No ma'am just stating facts" she looks me up and down.

"Very well off to class now please" I turn and walk away I can feel her eyes burn my back.
We turn a corner and we're free from her gaze.

"Cow" I mutter angrily

Draco Burst our laughing "that was funny I thought you were going to snap"

I roll my eyes "shut it" I say before folding my arms. "Who does she think she is 'they aren't appropriate' cheek"

He chuckles and kisses my forehead "come on crank let's go"

"I'm not a crank!" I screech

"Sure" he says nodding slowly

We were in McGonagalls class when Umbridge enters. McGonagall glared at the pink toad. I can tell there is hatred between both of them.

"-Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?"

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices.

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom Minerva"

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods."

"I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension, the minister himself. am a tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty."

"Disloyalty."

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action"

I rolled my eyes "drama queen"

"What's happened to Dumbledore?" Potter questioned,  granger and Weasley shrugged

"Having already revolutionised the teaching of Defence. Against the Dark Arts Dolores Umbridge will, as high inquisitor, have powers to address the seriously falling standards at Hogwarts School."

"You've been in this post how long, exactly?" Snape didn't respond he just stared at her with disgust.

"You applied first for the Defense Against
the Dark Arts post, is that correct?"

"Yes."

"But you were unsuccessful?"

"Obviously." Chuckles burst out throughout the class from the Slytherin group. Umbridge looked rather unimpressed by this and huffed before exiting the room. Snape ignores what just happened and continued to go about teaching.

She enters another classroom and begins to terrorise another professor.

"Could you please predict something for me?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Move those mouths. One teensy little prophecy?" The Professor doesn't respond "Pity." she scribbled something on her clip bord

"No, wait. Wait, no. I think I do see something.Yes, I do. Something dark. You are in grave danger."

"Lovely" she exited the classroom once again.

-

"Sixteen years I've lived and taught here.Hogwarts is my home.You can't do this."

"Actually, I can." A smug grin etched on umbridges wrinkled face. "Something you'd like to say?"

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say." McGonagall says with sass before returning to the distraught professor.

" Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" Dumbledores voice boomed throughout the yard.

"Sybil, dear. This way."

"Thank you." She held back a sob as she walked back in side the school.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree Number" I rub my forehead the shrill voice of the cow was beginning to give me a monstrous headache.

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers.You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds.That power remains with the headmaster." Dumbledores tone left no room for argument.

"For now." She said with a sarcastic smile and just like that she walked away leaving most of the student body shocked.

"Don't you all have studying to do!"

"Professor.Professor?Professor Dumbledore. Professor! Professor Dumbledore." Potter followed Dumbledore but he merely ignored him.

I giggle at the scene "what in the name of merlin everyone's lost it"

"And you find it funny because?" Daphne questions, I shrug.

"Because dumbridge is going to ruin the school" everyone started to laugh.

"I like the name"

"Me too" Amanda says

I turn and start walking toward the school. I glance back and see McGonagall helping Professor Trelawney inside. She was still on the verge of a hysterical breakdown. I did feel a tiny bit bad but I ignored it and continued inside.

Word count :1114