Chapter 48

Myself and Draco had made the decision to split both tasks, there would be a better chance of each of us completing one set task rather than two.

I had offered to take the hardest task and kill Dumbledore but Draco refused and took it upon himself to kill him. I on the other hand had to fix the wardrobe which was becoming a problem in the dark lords plan.

After torture time at the Malfoy's me and Draco returned to school and began to steam a head with the plans.

"Shit" I curse out loud as I shove my face into my palms. Nothing was working the wardrobe refused to fix it's like it knew the dark lord would have my head if it doesn't work.

"It's not very lady like to curse" I jump and turn to see a familiar blonde smiling at me.

"Well that's not going to matter cause Voldie will have my head if this isn't fixed."

He grabs me hand and holds it "you need a break love"

I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder "I don't have time for a break" I pause "hows killing dumbledore going".

Wow I said that way to casually

Draco's face breaks out into a grin. "Who would've thought we would be talking about killing people eh?"

I smile. "things changed for the worst I guess" A cheer broke outside and I shot up. "What's going on?"

"There is a Quidditch match on today"

My face contorts into confusion. "Since when?"

"Since about a month ago?"

"Oh". I must've missed the memo.

He stands and holds out his hand. "Come on let's go get some air". I look at his hand and then the wardrobe, I start to nibble at my bottom lip.

"But-"

"No if's, and's or but's" I look up at him.

"Fine"

The sun was bright I had to squint to see before my eyes readjusted to the light, the air was warm and birds chirped.

"It's disgustingly happy out here"

Draco burst out laughing. "Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine"

I snort. "More like a storm cloud"

We walked past the Quidditch field and by the lake. I sat down in the grass and stared at the water. Sighing in content I listen to the water.

Draco wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close, he kissed my head and then smelled my hair.

"Why can't we just stay like this"  I whisper out.

"Because Faith has a different plan"

I giggle "wow look at you"

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows:

"When did you get all faith has a plan?"

"Since things have just gone south since you know who returned"

I smiled. "It's good to have hope". He kisses me.

"With you by my side i can't lose hope"

"Cheesy" i snort and start laughing at him.

"Come on Melody you never come with us anymore" Amanda whines.

I look at Amanda and daphne and sigh. They were both begging me to come to a Slytherin party that was happening tonight. Truth is I haven't been to a party in a while not since Voldemort came back. I've been preoccupied.