Chapter 64

Death eaters and the Dark lord has already left for Hogwarts. Myself and Draco were told to leave last. We apparated to the field.

Everyone stood in the field like the dark lord asked. It was chilly enough but I didn't complain. Bellatrix spoke everyone else was to afraid. I kissed Draco's cheek and told him I'd be back:

I apparated outside a enclosed room by the water.

"Nagini KILL!" A voice screamed before it went silent. I entered the room to see Snape against the wall bleeding out.

"severus!" I shout. "No no come on we need to get you help". I try to help him up but he merely placed his hand on top of mine and shakes his head.

"Melody go"

I gasped. "You can't honestly expect me to leave you here to die?" I ask incredulously.

He smiles, chuckling slightly. "Your parents would've been extremely proud of the fine young lady you've become"

I sniff. "Why must you go"

"It is my time." He stares at me. "It's been a pleasure watching you grow melody. You truly were one of the best pupils I've taught" I smile.

"Thanks for putting up with Professor" he pats my hand before pushing me off.

"Now go live a long life" I wipe the tears of my cheek and go. I return to Draco and hug him.

"What's wrong love?" He asks.

"severus is dead"

He pulls away. "How?"

I shrug. "I don't know Dray but he didn't make it". He squeezes me.

"He's in a better place"

I sniff. "I know that". I look around to see the Voldemort zap the shield guarding Hogwarts. The wand looked as though it was about to break. The shield slowly began to chip away piece by piece.

He laughed while clapping he point to a few death eaters to go charge the castle while the rest accompanied him to the woods. I trailed behind him with Draco at my side.

I sat on the log and waited for the dark lords plan to begin to take affect.

"Maybe the boy isn't coming"

I rolled by eyes at the fool who had just signed his own death warrant. Voldie hissed in his face earning a whimper.

"The boy will come"

After hours of waiting potter did eventually emerge. He was a brave but a fool. He had offered himself up to the dark lord to die so easily.

"Well here I am like you wanted"  he spits.

"Indeed" he grinned stepping forward. "Ready to die potter"

Potter pulled his wand out but it was too late the words left the dark lords mouth effortlessly. Causing potters body to fall limp on the ground.

"Avada Kedavra!"

Everyone was silent. I knew one would die but I never really thought it would be potter. I guess I kind of always thought that he of all people could defeat the dark lord.

Hagrid sobs picking up the deceased boy cradling him softly.

"Harry Potter is dead"  Voldemort began to chant repeatedly, as if he believed we all didn't just witness him killing him.

He ordered us all to follow behind him with Hagrid carrying potters body. We arrived at hogwarts and entered the gates.

The once mighty building of Hogwarts was destroyed. Bricks scattered everywhere. Wizard and witches lay injured while medics tried there best to help the wounded. Students and professors still stood trying to defend the building. I was numb void of emotion. This was what the dark lord wanted.