Breaking Facades (Miles Edgeworth x Singer! Reader)

Requested by Offical-Lucy

Your Pov:

I stood backstage in the bar I worked at. I was a singer for the bar. I had just broken up with my boyfriend and caught word that he was going to be here. I got into a nice magenta dress and waited for my cue. As I waited behind the curtain, my eyes landed in a handsome man sitting at the bar. He was wearing a magenta suit and had silver hair. He was a sight. Then, my cue came and I stepped out onto the stage. I immediately saw my ex-boyfriend in the audience. The handsome man from the bar was also looking towards my direction.

She, she ain't real. She ain't gonna be able to love you like I will. She is a stranger. You and I have history. Or don't you remember? Sure, she's got it all. But, baby, is that really what you want?

I walked around the stage trying to make eye contact with the audience and man at the bar. I moved my hips a bit more and he looked towards me again. I felt great up on stage.

Bless your soul, you've got you're head in the clouds! You made a fool out of you. And, boy, she's bringing you down! She made your heart melt! But you're cold to the core! Now rumor has it she ain't got your love anymore!

My ex-boyfriend went red in embarrassment. An amused smile made it's way to my face. The man at the bar was still looking at me. I decided to put on more of a show.

She is half your age! But I'm guessing that's the reason that you stayed! I heard you've been missing me! You've been telling people things that you shouldn't be! Like when we creep out and she ain't around Haven't you heard the rumors?

Everyone was cheering and my ex now looked very embarrassed and discouraged. The man at the bar was smirking in a way that almost made my knees buckle.

Bless your soul, you've got your head in the clouds! You made a fool out of me! And, boy, you're bringing me down! You made my heart melt, yet I'm cold to the core! But rumor has it I'm the one you're leaving her for!

I made gestures with my hands that went along to the song. I swayed a bit as I walked around the small stage. It felt good to embarrass my ex in front of all these people, even if these people didn't know it. The man from the bar had moved to a closer seat. I winked in his direction before turning and moving in the other direction.

All of these words whispered in my ear, Tell a story that I cannot bear to hear. Just 'cause I said it, it don't mean that I meant it! People say crazy things. Just 'cause I said it, don't mean that I meant it. Just 'cause you heard it.

The song was coming to an end and my ex looked like he was ready to run out of the building. The mystery man sat at an empty table. A woman tried to sit with him, but he declined her company. I smiled at that.

But rumor has it he's the one I'm leaving you for!

On that line, I pointed to the mystery man and my ex high tailed it out of the bar. The lights dimmed and I hurried off stage. I changed into a more comfortable outfit and made my way out to find the mystery man. I found him 5 minutes later, still sitting at the same table. I slid the chair out and sat down, "Hey there." The man turned to me. He was much more handsome up close. He spoke, "Your performance was lovely, ms...?" I giggled, "My name is (Y/n) (L/n). Please, call me (Y/n)." He nodded, "It's nice to meet you, (Y/n). I'm Edgeworth. Miles Edgeworth."

I tilted my head, "Aren't you that prosecutor? What's someone like you, doing in a place like this?" He sighed, "I just needed a drink that wasn't tea or grape juice for once." I nodded, "Yeah. I understand. Say, wanna go on a date sometime?" He choked on his drink for a moment, then he spoke up, "It's a date, (Y/n). Here's my number." We exchanged numbers and I clocked out of work before heading home with the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. Rumor has it, this girl's in love with a handsome prosecutor!