Please (Phoenix x Reader)

A/N: This is college Phoenix!

Your Pov:

I sat in my dorm with my boyfriend, Phoenix. He was talking to me about a new girl on campus. He had this dreamy look on his face and it was starting to upset me. I tried to ignore it but he was still talking about her a week later. It was like he loved her!

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene...

Then, they became friends and started hanging out a lot. At first, I thought nothing of it, but then it was like I didn't exist anymore. He forgot our dates and even our anniversary.

I'm begging of you please don't take my man!

I loved him and I didn't want him to leave me for her. I never verbally expressed my feelings about it to Dahlia. However, I would give her these desperate, begging looks. She never noticed, or pretended not to.

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene...

I was losing him and I couldn't do a thing about it. Dahlia always filled his schedule and left no room for me. And Phoenix didn't even attempt to talk to me about it. He just kept hanging out with her. It saddened me.

(A/N: I know some of you would go on the war path and get violent, but...just calm down and breathe!)

Please don't take him just because you can!

She knew what she was doing. I'm sure of it! She knew that every guy on campus liked her. I don't know why she just had to choose Phoenix.

Your beauty is beyond compare
With flaming locks of auburn hair
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green...Your smile is like a breath of spring...Your voice is soft like summer rain...And I cannot compete with you
Jolene...

I knew that I wasn't able to compete with her. She was better. If Phoenix ignored me to hang out with her, then she must be. I distanced myself from Phoenix, but my heart still ached. I loved him, I really did. But he didn't love me anymore. We were sleeping when it happened. I cried.

He talks about you in his sleep!
And there's nothing I can do to keep
From crying when he calls your name
Jolene!

He called her name in his sleep. He said it the way he used to call my name. I sat in the bathroom and silently cried for a few hours. After that, I dragged myself to the couch and fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning, Phoenix was already gone. I didn't know what to do.

And I can easily understand
How you could easily take my man
But you don't know what he means to me...Jolene
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene...
I'm begging of you please don't take my man!
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene...
Please don't take him just because you can!

I began to get more and more depressed. I couldn't sleep or eat or do anything because it all reminded me of Phoenix. He had started inviting Dahlia to the dorm and now it smelled like her perfume. Roses and Lilies. And I absolutely despised it.

You could have your choice of men
But I could never love again
He's the only one for me
Jolene...

She could've had any of the guys on campus, but she chose to go after Phoenix. I couldn't bring myself to find love if I ever broke up with Phoenix. At this rate, I may just end up alone. So, I decided to talk to her.

I had to have this talk with you
My happiness depends on you
And whatever you decide to do
Jolene...

That was a big mistake. She acted like a colossal bitch and when Phoenix came around, she brought out the crocodile tears. So, I went to the dorm and started to pack my things. I zipped up my bag and called an uber. I stepped out of the dorm and walked down the hall. I sighed.

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene...

I'm begging of you please don't take my man...

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene...

Please don't take him even though you can...

Jolene, Jolene...

I passed the two of them in the hallway. Phoenix didn't even spare me a glance. Tears ran down my face. I made it outside and sat on the curb. After a while, my uber ride arrived. I got in the car and I was off.

She took him and now I realize...

That she's going to ruin him...

But he deserves it.