Study Preparation

8/10/19

Judai felt a lot like he was doing work with Yugi all over again. Yusei handled the technical side of things, figuring out exactly what he needed to find out, record, test, all of that stuff; Judai, on the other hand, dealt with the spirit world side of things and did whatever Yusei told him to do whenever it came to duel energy.

It was rather nice, to be honest - he'd missed doing stuff like this and he was definitely going to offer his help more in the future.

"I need a way stronger battery," Yusei muttered, squinting at the parts in front of him in concentration.

"What kind? I can run out and go get it or somethin' while you keep going," Judai offered, leaning on the desk slightly next to where Yusei was.

"What time is it?" Yusei asked, putting his glasses back on for a moment to look at the clock, "Six? I'll just put in an order for it at my usual parts place and call Crow to tell him to pick it up on the way back."

"Isn't that place really close to where Jack works?"

"Jack's at Carly's for dinner, remember?"

"Ah, right," Judai blinked, grinning at the reminder. Jack hadn't explicitly told them he was going to be with Carly, of course, but it was pretty easy to guess because really, why else would he tell them he wouldn't be back for dinner?

Speaking of which, he still hadn't told them about finally getting together with her yet, and the end of the week was very near. They'd luckily thought up something for revenge already, so they could work to their heart's content without worrying about it.

"Well, did you need me to do anything else right now or did you want me to go get us some food?" Judai questioned, "I didn't even realize it was six already..."

"Me neither," Yusei sighed, sitting down in the desk chair and looking over the organized chaos on the desk before finally replying, "Well, it's not really pertinent at the moment since I need to get this thing up and running first, so I guess dinner. I've got a few more things to make so this goes as smoothly as possible, too. Start trying to think of some places we could bring the energy to though, preferably we'll have a couple so we have back-ups just in case."

"I can do that," Judai stated, pushing himself up only to almost trip on a random part on the floor - luckily he managed to catch himself by grabbing quickly onto Yusei, letting out a little yelp in surprise.

"Careful," Yusei chuckled, spinning around just enough to be able to tug Judai off-balance so he ended up falling into him instead, "Might just think you're falling for me."

Judai laughed, giving him a grin as he adjusted himself into a more comfortable position on him, "I thought I was supposed to be the sappy one?"

"And I thought you were the one who was supposed to be more aware of his surroundings," Yusei retorted, wrapping his arms around his waist with a smile, "I don't mind it though if it ends up like this. Also, I still say that this is much better than when we're switched around."

"I like both ways," Judai said, leaning down to kiss him for a few seconds before pulling back with a smirk, "Either way, I get you somehow and that's all that matters."

"Yeah, you're the natural sap for sure," Yusei stated in response, rolling his eyes and making Judai laugh before letting him get up, "Alright, off you go. I gotta place that order and call Crow before he leaves his last appointment for the day."

"Yes sir!" Judai grinned, doing a mock salute after standing back up. He got a raised, amused eyebrow in return, which he counted as win before he turned to the corner of the room and called, "Pharaoh, time for dinner!"

The cat was quick to get up and follow him into the kitchen, waiting patiently in the doorway as Judai made sure to watch his step this time so he didn't accidentally trip over anything. They'd made a mess of the living room sorting through various boxes of random parts trying to find the specific ones Yusei needed and simply hadn't bothered to clean up any of it up yet.

Judai had a feeling neither of them were going to sleep that night, considering how easily they'd both been absorbed into figuring out how to make the solution Yusei had thought up a reality, so he made sure to make something light that wouldn't sit heavily in their stomachs - it wouldn't do for them to fall asleep because they were too full, and especially not at such a critical point.

He made a mental note to force Yusei to take a break at some point though to make coffee for both of them. Judai still loved Yusei's coffee more than anything and he was definitely going to need some of it.