Breakfast News

10/11/19

A ping from both of their phones interrupted the conversation they were having over breakfast, which was actually the sweet corn pancakes Judai had promised to make for Yusei before - he'd finally made the quick trip back to the grocery store to get all the supplies he needed for it during one of their stops to the craft store to get the stuff he needed for the costumes, so he was able to make good on that promise. Yusei seemed to like it quite a bit, managing to keep up with Judai's speed of eating that morning instead of lagging behind like usual, though they did also have a bowl of cut-up fruits between them to share which slowed them down in the end... it was a heavy meal and having the lighter tastes was extremely helpful in ensuring they could even eat the whole meal in the first place.

Judai ended up being the one to check his phone since Yusei was in the middle of carefully scooping up another spoonful of pancake and ice cream, and he let out a little hum of interest when he saw it.

"DDO's maintenance just finished, there's apparently an entirely new event area to go with the update," Judai said, scrolling down the email to check out the patch notes, "Ah... the Halloween event is in full motion now, then. The event area is basically a spooky Halloween area with special quests and rewards, and the plan is to just update the event area to look different whenever they switch events so it's a central hub and easier for people to keep track of."

"Useful," Yusei stated, swallowing down the food with a tiny smile, "We'll go check it out then."

"After breakfast?"

"We're not doing anything else today, why not?"

They had all day to play, so they took their time finishing their food and enjoying the peaceful morning. Pharaoh ended up coming over and begging for food, successfully swindling a piece of fruit from Yusei with a bit of cute pawing and relentless staring.

"Am I the only one with any resistance to him around here?" Judai snorted, sticking his tongue out at the cat when he gave him an affronted look, "Hey, you don't get to give me that look when you're the one that goes out and manages to get food from literally everyone in the vicinity. It's true."

Yusei reached down and picked up Pharaoh, the cat surprisingly willing to go along with as he was settle in his lap and had his front paws brought up and squished while Yusei turned the most evil puppy eyes on him, "Look at him, how can you not want to give him a treat?"

Judai's smile twitched as he looked between them, seeing just happy Pharaoh seemed to be despite Yusei squishing his paws, which would've gotten anyone else a scratch the the face, and pointed out with an amused brow, "I can't tell who's unable to resist who right now between you two."

Of course, this was when Crow decided to make his presence known as he yawned and padded down the stairs, though he seemed to wake up almost immediately upon seeing what Yusei was doing with Pharaoh, "G'morni- Oh my god that's adorable. Let me do that too."

Judai wasn't surprised at all to see Pharaoh easily allow Crow to squish his paws as well when he rushed over, letting out a little meow but not bothering to move from his position in Yusei's lap in the slightest. He knew they were Pharaoh's two main sources of premium treats from the cabinet, which basically secured their place as some of the cat's favorite people.

"Well, whenever you're done with playing with his paws, there's more pancakes. Just make sure you put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top after you re-heat it," Judai stated, going back to eating the last few bites of his food, "And Yusei already gave Pharaoh fruit, so think about if you actually want to feed him or not."

"Ah... Okay, thank you," Crow replied sheepishly, letting go of Pharaoh's paws (only after a few squishes) and scooping out breakfast for himself, "Oh, also, Jack should be down soon. I could hear him talkin' to Carly when I woke up, though I have no clue what about."

"I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up writing about the new event in DDO," Yusei mused, eating the rest of his food as well since Pharaoh had been quick to jump off his lap and follow after Crow in hopes of getting more food, "She'll probably be on when we are then."

"It'd definitely make for a good article, judging just from the pictures they included with the patch notes," Judai agreed, pushing his now-empty plate away with a very content sigh, "Ah... that was good food. I should try some other stuff like that, but... I also wanna make like, pumpkin pie and candy."

"Doesn't matter, it's good food," Yusei said, Crow sitting down at the table with them with a spoon stuffed in his mouth already and nodding his head in agreement.

"Pretty much - now what's this about-"

"Chew with your mouth closed," both Judai and Yusei echoed at the same time, giving each other a look of surprise before bursting out into laughter while Crow gave them the most exasperated look in the world.

"Old married couple, I swear..." Crow mumbled amusedly, stuffing another spoonful into his mouth soon after.

"Thanks for the compliment," Judai grinned, noticing the happy smile that'd stretched itself across Yusei's face - being that close to each other and having that bond... it meant the world to them and they wouldn't have it any other way.