Chapter 2 Prologue

Third person's P.O.V

Kasadya and Heracles did their best to prepare their children for life's trials and tribulations but they were at a loss for words right now. None of their boys chose to claim their mates when they turned eighteen. They were in shock when they heard from the moon goddess that Zeus had asked her if he could chose his own mate in the future. Knowing how much the moon goddess doted on their youngest son, they didn't even dare to ask if she had agreed upon fulfilling their son's crazy request or not.

Victor claimed that it was too much of a hassle to look for his mate because building his clan from the ground up was his first priority. The only one who had a valid reason for not looking for his mate was Theo. Kasadya and Heracles knew why their eldest son had chosen to reject his mate when he met him before he had turned eighteen. Kasadya and Heracles wished that their eldest son could come across his second chance mate soon so he could take over the pack to gain some experience as the alpha king.

The couple knew that they hadn't given their children a good example about mates in the past so they couldn't pressure their sons in this matter but the boys were now men and something needed to be done. The two powerful men put their heads together and came up with a brilliant plan to push their boys into the right direction. Their daughter Hera was in high school now and would be on a break soon so she would be their perfect ally to achieve their goals. Especially seeing how they already knew who their sons true mates were.

It was soon the last day of school for Hera so Heracles mind linked all his children to notify them that Kasadya and he had something important to announce at dinner that night. The first one to be alarmed by this was Theo and he did his best to calm his emotions down before picking up Hera from school. He had sensed that his parents were struggling with something but he couldn't figure out what was bothering them no matter how hard he tried. He did his best to lessen his parents burdens because he knew how busy they were. The fact that he was an alpha wasn't revealed yet because he had friends who supported him no matter what. Theo enjoyed fooling people too much so decided to reveal the truth when he eventually found his second chance mate or when he took over the throne.

Theo was too nervous and arrived at Hera's high school earlier than expected. He couldn't help but think about what his parents wanted to announce that night and how he had been bullied at this same high school. He knew that his parents were angry with Zeus, who chose to go on more and more missions every day. It was hard to figure out what Zeus was up to every day but his parents weren't giving up on him. Victor was busy roaming the globe in search of his surviving clansmen so he wasn't much around either. The only time that the whole family got together was at dinnertime or when their parents had a task for them.

All the boys still lived at home so it wasn't like they weren't close to each other anymore. They mind linked their parents and each other in time of need or when they needed advice on something. Theo was lost in his thoughts and frowned when his eyes suddenly fell on the unknown black expensive Bentley that was parked on the other side of the road. The windows of the car was black tinted so Theo couldn't really see who were sitting in the car. There was an elementary school on the other side of the road so he decided not to pay too much attention to it. Theo stepped out of his Aston Martin when he heard the school's last bell go off and then prepared himself to greet Hera who always ran to him whenever she noticed him.

He smiled when he saw his sister avoid the kids who eagerly wanted to talk to her just because she couldn't wait to hug him. Theo's wolf Cy then suddenly yelled "Danger!" in the back of his mind and he quickly turned around to look into the direction of the boy who was running towards the black Bentley without looking. There was a black SUV driving towards the boy at a high speed and Theo asked himself who was crazy enough to drive like a maniac near a school. The boy would certainly lose some limbs if the car managed to hit him so he had to do something about it. It looked like Hera had noticed the situation too so she quietly observed her brother when she heard him cast a spell to stop time.