Chapter 31. A curveball Part 1

Victor's P.O.V

Neziah skipped merrily out of the room after sharing with us how much he had missed his grandmother's famous waffles. Keagan and I took a shower together as soon as Neziah left the room. It was already eight A.M so we needed to hurry if we didn't want to be late for work. Keagan needed to be at work at ten A.M while I needed to be at a company at eleven thirty for an important meeting. I chose to wear one of Keagan's new suits when I was done with my shower because I didn't want to go home to get a fresh set of clothes. Neziah and his grandparents were patiently waiting for us at the dining table by the time Keagan and I went downstairs.

The table was full of food and seeing that I asked myself if Keagan's mother was planning to feed a whole village. Keagan's father William was sitting at the head of the table and I didn't mind because he was still the eldest in Keagan's family. Neziah was finally sitting in a booster seat. Everything was reachable for him so he didn't need much help while eating. I could sense that his grandmother had made his favorite dishes to pamper him. I politely greeted, my in-laws then took a seat next to my husband. Keagan and his father started talking about his work while eating. They tried to engage me in conversation as much as they could.

I could sense how proud Keagan's father was of him. I smiled when Keagan suddenly laced his fingers together with mine. Neziah was having the time of his life while talking to his grandmother about various things. My mother in law gazed lovingly at me then asked me "Is the food to your liking, Victor?" I chuckled when I realized that my mother in law was trying to impress me. I smiled at Irena then replied to her with "Yes mother, everything is delicious especially the waffles". Irena smiled broadly at me then placed a kiss on Neziah's head who was eating his third waffle now. Neziah squealed then yelled, "See Papa, I told you that grandma's waffles were delicious!"

It seemed like Irena specifically made small shaped waffles for Neziah so he could enjoy as many as he liked. "As long as my son is happy," I thought to myself while finishing my meal. I then suddenly heard William mention my name. I looked questioningly into William's direction when I heard him ask me "Are you still willing to accept our townspeople as your clan members, Victor?" I smiled at William then answered his question with "Of course father, they're always welcome to join my clan. I have no problem with it as long as they're willing to accept me as their leader and follow my rules like I ask them to". William chuckled then said "Our townspeople begged me to talk to you son. They're very grateful to you for everything that you have done for them. You've helped them despite them rejecting your offer to join your clan. They've told me that they would be fortunate to follow a leader like you".

Keagan quickly placed a kiss on my temple then uttered: "You're amazing, Vic". I realized something when I saw everyone looking proudly at me. I was terrified when I realized that I didn't want to lose what I now had. Keagan's parents made me feel like I was their son. The only people who had ever shown me so much love and affection were my parents and my siblings. Not even my grandfather Maximus had ever told me how much he cared about me while I was his blood. I couldn't blame him though because he had Gisselle now. I didn't care about what my grandfather thought of me because I had my parents by my side. I suddenly realized that I was prepared to do anything to keep the ones that I loved close to me.

I went back to Keagan's room after breakfast to freshen up a bit and Keagan followed me. I decided to look one last time in the mirror before leaving for work. I chuckled when Keagan suddenly hugged me from behind. He leaned his head on my shoulder then asked me "Were you serious when you said that you wanted us to move to the mansion after our wedding, Vic?" I sighed then turned around to face my husband. I could sense that Keagan was hesitant to move to the mansion. I could understand where he was coming from but we had to think about our child's safety too.