Chapter 38. Good news

Zeus's P.O.V

I wanted to make Gisselle's stay in the underworld a memorable one. The only creatures who could help me achieve my goal were the minions. I went to see Bam-Bam the moment I noticed that he was back from his mission. Bam-Bam and the other minions were busy watering the plants in Alisios's garden. He looked in surprise at me then ran towards me. I smirked at Bam-Bam then greeted him with "Hello, my pretty." Bam-Bam shook his head while laughing.

Bam-Bam then asked me while looking at Alisios's fruit trees, "Are you here to pick some fruits, my lord?" I chuckled while stroking Bam-Bam's head. Bam-Bam probably thought that I was there to steal fruit again. The other minions gathered around us when they noticed me. I didn't want to let the minion's hard work go to waste, so I replied to Bam-Bam with, "Yes, Bam-Bam, I'm here to eat some grapes. It feels like the grapevines are beckoning me." I chuckled when I saw Bam-Bam and the other minions grinning at me.

Alisios's garden had always been my favorite playground. I knew the place like the back of my own hand. Alisios never liked me ravaging his precious fruits, but that never stopped me. He should thank me for bringing some excitement into his dull life with my adorably cheeky ways. Bam-Bam grabbed my hand suddenly, then uttered: "Follow me, my lord." The other minions followed us in excitement. I never understood how powerful men like the minions could act so cute and cuddly all the time.

I wouldn't even survive a week on my own, if I were one of them. I was very impatient. So I would have instantly killed my prey. It was probably exciting for the little guys to see their prey wriggling in a trap. Bam-Bam led me to a hedge. I looked questioningly at Bam-Bam because I didn't understand why he wanted me to look at some bush. "Is he going through some strange minion's disease?", I asked myself while stroking my chin. Bam-Bam giggled while gazing at me. He then slowly removed some branches out of our line of sight. I gasped when I saw the row of grapevines that were behind the hedge. The thick hedge camouflaged the plants. No one would even suspect that there was something behind the bushes. I got excited when I realized that the grapevines were full of Scarlet Royal, grapes.

I shouted: "Hurray!" while running towards the grapevines. Bam-Bam and the other minions immediately followed me. I had been crazy about grapes since I was a child, and the minions knew about my obsession with the fruit. I got in trouble every time I broke into Alisios's garden to enjoy his grapes. I lived for the thrill of being a little thief. I even broke into the garden when I didn't have the desire to eat fruit. I bet that I gave Alisios a lot of nightmares when I was a child. That was probably the reason why the man hated my guts. I didn't care about Alisios's feelings because I loved him equally if you know what I mean.

"How did you guys manage to keep this a secret from Alisios, Bam-Bam?", I asked my dear friend while picking a bunch of grapes. Bam-Bam conjured an extra-large picnic blanket. He replied to me while sitting down on the picnic blanket with, "Our master doesn't come to the garden very often anymore, my lord. He spends more time with his mate than in the garden lately. My master's children went to earth to continue their studies, so he's feeling lonely". I nodded at Bam-Bam, then asked him to help me pick some grapes. The other minions quickly joined the fun. There was suddenly a load of grapes in the middle of the picnic blanket.

One of the minions conjured a bucket of water then started washing the grapes. I had given this minion the name Wilbert years ago because he always liked to help others out. "Here you go, my lord," uttered Wilbert while handing me a bunch of grapes. I smiled at him then said while grabbing the grapes, out of his small hands, "Thank you, Wilbert." Wilbert squealed when he saw me eating six grapes at once. He happily clapped his hands together, then went back to washing the rest of the grapes. I laid comfortably down on the picnic blanket, then yelled: "Join me, guys. Let's get drunk on grapes together!"