Chapter 56. The ghost of the past and future Part 2

The baby crib mobile that Neziah saw

Victor's P.O.V

I was surprised when Zane suddenly stopped by at our house. My father-in-law had created an illusion to protect him. He made Zane think that my mother-in-law had spent the night at his home with Neziah and Hera. Zane joined Neziah and me in the kitchen when he noticed that my in-laws were resting. Zane kept staring at me while I was peeling an apple for Neziah. It was like he was trying to figure out what my deepest darkest secrets were. "I hope that he's not trying to create a bond with me by staring at me," I thought to myself while feeding my son.

Neziah was very happy to see his uncle Zane. He kept asking his uncle where his little Boo-Boo was. It seemed like my parents had taken Asa to the underworld with them. They probably wanted to introduce the baby to the underworld and my grandparents. My mother-in-law woke up the moment Theo appeared with Asa. I wanted to give my in-laws some privacy, so I went to have lunch with Neziah and Keagan. Neziah hadn't been out of the house in a while. He was very excited to see the outside world. My son kept asking me questions about everything that he witnessed on our way to the school where Keagan was.

Neziah yelled, "Look, papa, that man is painting a tree!" the moment I parked my car. I followed Neziah's gaze and saw a man standing on a ladder. My breath hitched when I saw the artist. I had instantly recognized Liam Connor. "What the hell is Keagan's second chance mate doing here?" I asked myself while unbuckling my seat belt. I decided to observe Liam while I was waiting for Keagan. It looked like Liam had volunteered to paint the school's name and its symbol. Liam's niece and nephew went to this school. So it was no surprise to me that he wanted to help out the school.

I sighed when I found out that Liam was supposed to perform this task on another day. Something urgent came up, and he had no other choice than to speed up the process. Liam couldn't even wait till the school was over because he had a flight to catch. "Did that man do something bad, papa?" Neziah asked me when he saw me staring at Liam. I smiled at my son, then responded to him with, "No, Neziah. Liam Connor is a very good man." Neziah nodded at me, then uttered, "Okay," before going back to playing with his bunny again. My heart started to beat faster when I sensed Keagan. He was walking towards Liam. The artist hadn't even noticed that school was over and that he was in danger.

Neziah gasped when he saw a kid bump into the artist's ladder. "Daddy will save him. I'm sure of it," uttered Neziah when he saw his father running towards the ladder. Neziah clapped his hands in glee when he saw his father perform a heroic action. My son got excited and yelled, "I told you so!" I couldn't blame Neziah for not recognizing my love rival. My father, Kasadya, had erased Liam's existence from his mind. Liam Connor was now just another stranger to him. My father took the right action. I should have never gotten my child involved in my mess.

I could see that Liam was mesmerized by Keagan. I sighed in relief when I sensed that it wasn't because he had realized that Keagan was his mate. It seemed like my husband's good looks and friendly demeanor had caught Liam's attention. Liam tried to flirt with Keagan, but he failed to make an impression on my husband. Keagan kept looking at me the whole time he was talking to Liam. Neziah suddenly started getting impatient. His father was taking too long for his liking. He kept saying that he wanted to greet his father with a hug. I helped Neziah out of the car, then said to him, "Go get your father, Neziah." Neziah ran towards his father while yelling, "Daddy!"