Chapter 58. An anxious little devil

Zeus's P.O.V

Daria and Verrine Zelus

Daria: Kingly or possess well.     Evangeline: Messenger of good.

Verrine: The prince of thrones.    Leviathan: The serpent of Abyss. (Destroyer)

I don't know when I had started to follow Ian like a shadow. I had never been this troubled before. I guess what happened to Zane during his labor left a mark on me. Ian and I hadn't gone through anything troubling since we got mated. It had been smooth sailing for us. I was afraid of what might happen to Ian on his due date. It was not easy to give birth to a full-fledged angel and demon. The kids were too different from each other. The moon goddess had promised me a happy and carefree life, but I was still worried. I had personally experienced how quickly things could go wrong. I didn't want my mate to experience the pain that Zane did.

I got lost in my thoughts and didn't even realize that Ian was staring at me. We were currently having breakfast at my parent's mansion. We were the only ones who hadn't moved into our new house yet. We were waiting for our children to be born first. I shook my head at Ian to reassure him. I then said to my mate, "I'm fine, Ian." I frowned when I heard my father Kasadya chuckle. It seemed like he was enjoying seeing me fret about nothing. Hera suddenly grabbed my hand then asked me, "Can you drop me off at school tomorrow, Zeus?" I smiled at Hera, then responded to her with, "Of course, Hera. Your handsome brother Zeus vows to carry you like a princess to the entrance of the school tomorrow." I then remembered that my parents were looking forward to the first day of school.

My father, Heracles, looked troubled. It wasn't a good idea to agitate him even more. I pulled Hera closer to me, then asked her, "Why don't you let those old guys accompany you to school tomorrow, Hera? I'll take you to school on another day. I don't want to lose my head before my children are born." Hera chuckled, then whispered into my ear, "Papa and dad attract too much attention whenever they pick me up or drop me off at school. Everyone instantly starts swooning over them. Parents do their best to attract their attention. Not even the teachers can keep their eyes off them. I don't know how they manage to stay this young and gorgeous. Do you think that they drank the elixir of life, Zeusypooh?" I laughed, then replied to Hera with, "Who knows what those two do to keep fit, Hera. I bet that they'll still look young at ninety." Hera and I both got startled when my father, Kasadya, accidentally dropped his spoon on the table. "Oops, did I scare you guys?" my father asked us while smiling.

Hera and I both quickly sat up straight, then answered my father in unison with, "No, papa." My father, Kasadya, burst out laughing, then uttered, "Oh, the power. It amazes me every time." I could sense that my father was teasing us. My father, Kasadya, smirked at me, then added while getting up, "We'll be leaving now, kids. Your father and I have some important business to handle. We'll be home late, so feel free to have dinner without us." My father, Heracles, stood up, then said while buttoning up his suit jacket, "Make sure that you have everything ready for the first day of school, Hera. Zeus can drop you off at school, but your father and I will pick you up."