Chapter 54. Asa Part 2

Hi guys, I like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for supporting me through my dark days. My heart melted when I received messages from all of you. You guys truly made me feel better. I wish you all good health and happiness. Thanks again everyone.

Theo's P.O.V

I kept staring at the three lifeless bodies in front of me. My parents looked calm, but I could sense that their minds where somewhere else. I got startled when Irena's body started shaking heavily. It was like she had gotten involved in a car crash. Irena didn't let go of Zane's hand despite being shaken like a doll. William then suddenly fell off his chair. It was almost like someone had kicked him down. I clenched my fists when I saw him tightly holding onto Zane's hand. I tried to get up when Irena and William's bodies caught fire.

My father, Heracles, quickly pushed me down to stop me from interfering. My father threw his arm around my shoulder, then said, "Close your eyes if you don't want to see what's happening to them, Theo." I shook my head, then responded to my father with, "It's okay, dad. Irena and William are doing their best to save Zane. I should stay strong to support them." The scent of Irena and William's burning flesh was terrible. I had trouble breathing. My heart skipped a beat when I saw that Irena and William's bodies had turned into ash. The astonishing thing was that their hands were still intact. They were still holding tightly onto Zane.

I looked in shock at my father, Kasadya, when I heard him say, "That shows how strong their love for Zane is. Make sure to keep the people who love your mate unconditionally, always happy, Theo." I nodded at my father, then responded to him with, "Yes, papa." I quickly looked into Zane's direction when I heard him scream. I thought that he was already awake, but I was wrong. It seemed like Zane was having a nightmare. Tears were rolling down his cheek, and he was panting heavily. I wished that I could bring his biological parents back to life so I could kill them again. I kept asking myself why Zane's parents had taken such a drastic measure to restrain him.

I had assessed Zane's powers when I met him for the first time. I could sense that he was not an ordinary angel. Most of his powers hadn't manifested yet. Zane did have combat skills when I met him, but he hadn't mastered casting powerful spells yet. I thought that it was because he had been busy building his career. It seemed like I was wrong about that. I sighed in relief when I saw that Irena and William were back. My father, Kasadya, quickly walked up to them, then helped them up. Irena and William took a seat next to Zane, then fell unconscious again. "How are they, papa?" I asked my father as soon as he was back. I knew that something was wrong the moment my father, Kasadya, placed a kiss on my head.

I hugged Viper tightly when I heard my father reply to me with, "They are exhausted, but they are not going to give up, Theo. They will save their son and grandchild no matter what happens to them." Viper looked in sorrow at me. He nuzzled my face to cheer me up. I was glad that William and Irena had put everyone to sleep. I wouldn't want anyone to experience what I was going through. Zane calmed down the moment William and Irena came back. He was still unconscious, but he was breathing normally. My eyes widened in shock when I saw something move in Zane's stomach. "This can't be happening," I thought to myself in fear. My father, Heracles, grabbed my hand, then uttered, "Don't worry, Theo. He won't be born yet."

I clutched my father's suit jacket, then asked him, "Isn't this enough, dad. Why do my mate, my in-laws, and child have to suffer so much?" I growled in anger when I heard my father say, "Everything will be over soon, Theo. Don't lose hope." The room was then suddenly engulfed in a cloud of dark smoke. I couldn't see what was happening in front of me anymore. I cursed myself for not having any powers. "I wish that I could help my mate, my child, and my in-laws," I thought to myself. I was going to destroy the world if they didn't come out of this whole ordeal alive. It seemed like my parents knew what I was planning. They could sense that I was getting feral. My father, Kasadya, growled at me, then yelled while getting rid of the dark smoke, "Don't make me knock you unconscious, Theo, this is not your fault. The rest of the world doesn't have to suffer because of some lunatics."