Chapter 44. The real Heracles

Zeus's P.O.V

Something extraordinary always happened when my father, Heracles, got angry. He was a mellow guy, but he lost it when he got angry. My siblings and I always made sure not to irk my father, Heracles. The quote, "The beast in me is sleeping, not dead," fits my father, Heracles, perfectly. Maybe that was the reason why my father, Kasadya, was so addicted to him. I smirked while looking at Gisselle. She was panting heavily, and I could sense that she was calling out to our grandfather Adrian and his mate Maximus.

Neziah was hiding behind William. Not because he was afraid, but because he couldn't comprehend why my father was angry. He slowly stepped out of his hiding when he realized what Gisselle had done. Irena quickly pulled Neziah onto her lap. It was like she was making sure that the little boy wouldn't make a ridiculous statement to anger my father even more. My father, Kasadya, chuckled seeing, her reaction. My father, Kasadya, was probably feeling giddy with excitement, but he was never going to exhibit it. Theo, Zane, Ian, and Hera then suddenly appeared in the garden.

Hera instantly uttered while watching Gisselle, "Oh, she's going to get it now!" I nodded my head in excitement. Theo looked in disbelief at us. I smiled broadly at him, then asked him, "You all felt the pressure, right?" Theo scowled at me, then responded to me with, "It's nothing to be happy about Zeus. I bet that you'll start singing in a different tune when dad begins questioning you about your perfectly finished paperwork."

We all immediately quieted down when we saw our father, Kasadya, glaring at us. It wasn't wise to direct the attention to us in situations like these. We all took a seat next to Keagan and Victor. Neziah was looking cutely at my father, Heracles. I could sense that the little boy wanted to see how our father would handle the situation. "Yes, my minion, learn how to kill two birds with one stone from your grandpa Herac," I thought to myself while looking at Neziah.

I gasped dramatically when Hera suddenly punched my arm. I followed her gaze when she pointed her finger in a direction. I bowed my head to William when I saw him looking at me. William was a smart man. He had probably studied all our habits by now. He knew that I liked seeing people's demise more than their happiness. William smiled at me, then stroked Neziah's head to show him affection. The little boy hummed, then went back to watching his seething grandfather.

Ian then suddenly grabbed my hand and asked me, "What's going on, Zeus?" I placed a kiss on the back of Ian's hand then replied to him with, "Rejoice, my dear Dobu. My dad is going to write the last chapter of Gisselle's life today!" I could sense that Ian didn't understand me. Ian looked into my father's direction when he heard him ask Gisselle, "Didn't we tell you to stay away from Neziah, Gisselle?" Gisselle looked innocently at my father, then uttered: "I don't even know the boy, dear brother. I don't think that I would gain anything by approaching him."

My father growled in anger at Gisselle. He looked straight into Gisselle's eyes, then uttered: "You got some nerve for lying to an alpha king, Gisselle. You better confess what you did, or I'll beat it out of you." Victor put his finger on Neziah's lips to quiet him when he tried to call out to my father. "Shh, don't say anything yet, baby boy," uttered Victor while stroking Neziah's head. Gisselle groaned when my father began emitting his powers. She then put her hands up in the air and said: "Okay, I admit that I was angry about you questioning me. And that I took it out on Neziah's flowers. I had seen him planting the flowers earlier. He was happy about his accomplishment, so I wanted to ruin it."

We could all sense that this was not just about some flowers. Irena got startled when my father growled, "How dare you!" in his alpha king voice. Victor quickly stroked her back to calm her down. Irena smiled in recognition at her son-in-law. I was getting bored, so I started stroking Ian's thigh. Ian looked in shock at me. I chuckled, then mind linked my mate to say, "Hey, what can I do? I'm a devil. Situations like these get me excited." Ian hit my hand away, then replied to me with, "You are despicable, Zeus!"