Chapter 9. Confrontation Part 2

Victor's P.O.V

I had a meeting with my grandfather Maximus early in the morning. I was surprised when I saw my aunt Gisselle walking with my grandfather into my office. Gisselle smiled broadly at me and then ran towards me. My grandfather smiled while watching Gisselle's reaction and then uttered "Gisselle told me that she hasn't seen you in ages Victor. She got excited when she heard that I was on my way to meet you and asked me if she could join me. I couldn't say no to her because it's the first time that she has shown interest in what you do and also because it's about time that she learned more about our clan". Gisselle threw herself at me while grinning and then hugged me tightly. I instantly remembered that she was trying to undermine me and asked myself why my grandfather was acting like he didn't know anything about it.

I forced a smile on my face while thinking that I should be careful about what I shared with my grandfather during our meeting that day. I stroked Gisselle's back and then greeted her with "Welcome to my office Gisselle". I then led her to my conference table while adding "I hope you're enjoying your summer break". My grandfather chuckled suddenly and then uttered while taking a seat with us "She has been going out with her friends everyday Victor so she is clearly enjoying her summer break. Your grandfather and I are actually tired of her behavior. We are getting old and don't know how to handle a teenager like her. I actually like to ask you to give her a job here so she can learn how to be a more responsible person".

My heart skipped a beat when I heard what my grandfather had said and I instantly looked into Gisselle's direction when I heard her groan. Gisselle shook her head and then said "I'm still young dad so please let me enjoy life while I can. If papa and you keep pressuring me like this then I will surely turn out like Victor here. He works the whole day and probably hasn't been to a cinema in years". I could sense that Gisselle was trying to cover up the fact that she really wanted to work for me by acting rebellious but I was smarter than her so said "Why don't I give you a job at my ad agency instead of here Gisselle. I actually hired a few of your fellow students in the beginning of summer break to carry out a project. I want to start a magazine that is completely focused on the latest news, fashion and trends for supernatural kids like you and I think that you'll be perfect for the job. You'll be responsible for gathering information about the likes and dislikes of other supernatural kids with your fellow students and you can actually start today if you want".

It seemed like Gisselle wanted to protest but my grandfather quickly stopped her by saying "This is something that you like doing Gisselle so take the opportunity and try to learn as much as you can about the supernatural world for now". Gisselle put her head down and then replied to my grandfather with "Okay dad". I could sense that she was disappointed and probably because she had missed her chance to gain information by working with me. My grandfather and I then started discussing matters regarding the original Bloodstone clan's properties and I made it clear to him that I wasn't interested in them. He wanted to split the properties between Gisselle and me but I told him to give everything to my aunt.

It looked like Gisselle wasn't interested in our conversation anymore and I wasn't surprised when I saw her take her phone out of her pocket to chat with her friends. My grandfather didn't want to seem unfair to me so decided to wait for my parents return before making a final decision. He stood up after our conversation was over and then said "Notify the advertising agency that I will be coming by with your aunt Victor". I smiled at my grandfather and then replied to him with "I already did grandfather". I then walked towards Gisselle and said to her while hugging her "Good luck with your new job aunt Gisselle and don't be too bossy".

I got startled when I heard Gisselle suddenly utter while hugging me tightly back "Don't worry Victor, I'll make sure not to ruin your company like you'll ruin our clan in the future". I chuckled menacingly while pushing Gisselle slowly away from me and then said to her while caressing her cheek "I'll be stopping by from time to time to check on your progress my little aunt and I will certainly set you straight if I catch you doing something wrong". Gisselle frowned at me and then quickly walked out of my office. My grandfather, who hadn't heard our conversation because he was busy mind linking my grandfather Adrian about my aunt's job smiled at me and then uttered before leaving "Thanks for your help Victor, I'll see you soon".