Chapter 15. A warning

Victor's P.O.V

It seemed like except for me, everyone was happy and that was kind of bothering me. Zeus was having the time of his life while bullying Ian and Theo was finally reunited with his mate. Don't get me wrong, I was extremely happy for my brothers but it felt like a black cloud was hanging above my head. I couldn't get rid of this odd feeling that I was having and I was sure that my big brother had sensed this matter too. I went to my office after having breakfast with my brothers and their mates. Ezra handed a file over to me the moment I stepped into my office and I frowned when I saw the name "Kealoha" on it.

The file contained all the information that I had requested regarding the Kealoha family. I was surprised when I saw a request to remain permanently in the house that the Kealoha's were staying at the moment amongst the papers. It seemed like Keagan had also applied for a job at a police station that was located near us. His former boss didn't want to let him go so Keagan was having trouble finalizing his posting and his move. Keagan clearly wanted to stay in our town and I could understand why. His son's health had improved since coming to our town and Keagan as a father, wanted to do everything in his power to keep it that way. I sighed while taking a seat behind my desk and then ordered Goliath to come out.

Goliath instantly appeared in front of me and then jumped on my lap to comfort me. It seemed like Goliath was the only one who could help me come to my senses these days and I was happy to have a companion like him by my side. I chuckled when Goliath suddenly started to playfully bite my fingers. Ezra then walked into my office and said "We have to be at the advertising agency at ten o'clock for a meeting, my lord". Goliath disappeared the moment he realized that it was almost time for me to leave. I stood up while thinking about how thoughtful Goliath was and then walked out of my office with Ezra.

I hadn't been to the advertising agency since Gisselle had started working there and I was eager to see how she was doing. I had specifically arranged a meeting with the director of the advertising agency with this purpose. Everyone greeted me respectfully when I stepped into the lobby of the advertising agency and I nodded back at them. Ezra and I took the elevator to go to the top floor after that and Roger Windom, who was personally appointed by me as the director of the company quickly came to greet me.

"Welcome sir" uttered Roger while reaching his hand out to me but I just replied to him with "Thank you Roger". Roger smiled at me when he remembered that I didn't let people touch me and then motioned me to follow him. He led us into his office and then handed a file over to Ezra. I could sense that the file contained information regarding the financial situation of the company so decided to let Ezra handle it. I had other things to do so asked Roger "How has Gisselle been doing Roger?" I could see from Roger's reaction that something was wrong but Roger still forced a smile on his face and then replied to me with "She's doing better than I expected sir".

I frowned while looking at Roger and then uttered "You are the director of this company Roger so I expect you to be honest with me. I don't care about what kind of bond I have with Gisselle when it involves my business and so shouldn't you. Now tell me how she has truly been doing". Roger quickly sat up straight when he heard the tone of my voice and then said "I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again. Gisselle has actually been causing the team, who is in charge of this project a lot of trouble. She hates doing fieldwork and dumps her work on the other students. The students know about her familial background so are afraid to stand up to her. I tried to explain to her how things work and threatened to remove her from the project if she didn't change her attitude but she ignored my warnings completely. She keeps bothering the other students and disappears from time to time. Only the moon goddess knows what she's up to".

I groaned while thinking about how stubborn Gisselle was and then asked Roger "Where is Gisselle now?" Roger quickly grabbed his phone and then called the project manager to ask him where my so called aunt was. I heard the project manager then say through the phone that he was just about to leave the building with his whole team to do some research work. "Tell him to change his schedule and to send Gisselle to your office" I said to Roger and he quickly followed my order, while Ezra then began giving me a report on the company's financial state. I complimented Roger on making so much profit for the company. Roger was actually a very creative person. He caught my eye when he managed to make a very poorly selling magazine, popular and wildly successful within a single quarter.