Chapter 8. Confrontation Part 1

Zeus's P.O.V

"How troublesome" I thought to myself when I saw Ian smirk at me after explaining to me, why he had come looking for me. I was a master in deceiving people so smiled broadly at my so called fiancé and then replied to him with "I did come off as desperate when we first met didn't I but does this mean that your heart has also started aching for me my dear Ian?" Ian looked stunned at me and Theo could feel the tension rising between us so said "Why don't you go wash up while the maids serve us dinner Zeus". I chuckled while looking at Ian and then said to myself "Yeah, you should know that you're dealing with the devil here".

I was hungry so quickly walked back to the dining room after freshening up a bit. I sighed while looking at Ian who was quietly staring at his empty plate. Theo was desperately trying to have a conversation with Ian but my fiancé just gave him short replies. My brothers and I could read Ian like an open book so we knew why he didn't want to build a bond with anyone. Ian grew up thinking that he would die early so he never invested his time or energy in building bonds with others. He didn't want to cause the people who loved or cared about him pain when he left this world and we understood him completely.

I gave Victor a nudge when I saw him looking in sorrow at Ian and he quickly forced a smile on his face. He then said to Theo while grabbing a fork "Let's eat now big brother, Zeus is already back". Theo nodded and then uttered "Enjoy your meal everyone". I looked into Ian's direction when I sensed him staring at me and then asked him "Is everything to your liking Ian?" My spoon, which had food on it almost fell out of my hand when I heard Ian reply to me with "Yes, especially you Zeus". My big brother chuckled when he saw my reaction and then said to Ian "Please have mercy on the single men that are at the table Ian". Ian smiled for the first time when he heard what Theo had said and I couldn't help but pierce my knife through the chicken breast that was on my plate at that moment when I saw that.

Victor got startled by my reaction so asked me "Is there something wrong Zeus?" I chuckled menacingly at Victor and then replied to him with "No Vic, I was just thinking of a way to get rid of the bug that bit me today. He is already in the palm of my hand but I don't want to give him an easy death just by crushing it". Victor instantly realized what I was talking about so quickly mind linked me to say "Keep in mind that you're marrying him to prevent his death and not to become the cause of his death". I groaned inwardly while thinking that I should ask the moon goddess additional compensation for marrying Ian Landon because this was clearly not going to be a walk in the park.

Ian slowly started to warm up to Theo and I looked in shock at my big brother when I heard him say "It's already late Ian and I feel bad that you two didn't get the chance to spend time alone together today. Why don't you stay here tonight so you two can talk about your future plans tomorrow". I didn't agree with my big brother so said "I have a busy schedule tomorrow so I can't spend the whole day with him". Ian smiled at me and then said "I will accept your offer and stay here tonight big brother. I have a meeting early in the morning so I will be leaving the mansion right after breakfast". "Leech" I thought to myself when I heard Ian's reply and then said to my husband to be while smiling at him "That would be great Ian".

Theo called Vera over when we were done eating and then ordered her to show Ian his room. Theo then ordered another maid to arrange some clothes for Ian but he declined his offer by saying that he always carried a suitcase with spare clothes in the trunk of his car. Ian then called his driver and asked him to bring his suitcase to the apartment. Ian was just about to follow Vera to his room with his suitcase in his hand when Theo called out to him again. Ian quickly turned around to face Theo and then looked questioningly at him. Theo smiled broadly at Ian and then uttered "My brother won't let you die Ian so live your life to the fullest from now on". We could sense that Ian didn't believe Theo but that was expected from someone who was sure that no one could break the curse.