Chapter 35. A parent's love Part 3

Theo's P.O.V

We were happy to hear from our father Kasadya, that Victor had regained his consciousness. It seemed like Victor wanted to share something with us. So we quickly went to see him in his room. We all looked in concern at each other when we sensed how weak Victor still was. Victor looked pale and he had trouble staying awake. Keagan was doing his best to keep Victor's temperature regular by placing wet towels on his forehead and around his neck. We could all see how much Keagan loved Victor. It was noticeable that he had some experience in nursing people back to health.

My breath hitched when I saw Keagan wiping Victor's sweat away while he was exhausted himself. My father Heracles groaned when he heard Victor utter with a weak raspy voice: "I'm ready to tell you all what, exactly happened, dad, papa". My father Heracles ran to Victor when he tried to get up. He then replied to Victor with: "You can tell us everything when you feel better, Vic. We're not going anywhere, my son. Your father and I will stay by your side until you are healed". Victor nodded at my father Kasadya when he heard him say: "Your father is right Vic. Your well-being is the most crucial thing for us now. We'll be here when you wake up. So save your energy and just sleep, my son". My parents sighed in relief when Victor fell asleep again.

We didn't want to see Victor suffer, so we agreed with our parent's decision to postpone matters. I looked in concern at Keagan when I heard him yawn. Keagan quickly apologized for yawning to my parents when he noticed them staring at him. My father smiled at Keagan then said to him while patting him on the back: "Don't worry about it Keagan. We know that you have been using your powers to keep Neziah's and Victor's emotions under control. We are very grateful to you for taking such good care of our son, Keagan. You have done enough, my son. So go take a rest now. It's now our turn to look after our son". Keagan frowned when he heard what my father had stated. He then responded to my father Kasadya with: "It's my duty as a mate, and as a father to take care of my other half and my children, father. I will never get tired of it, so please let me stay by my mate's side".

My father Heracles chuckled suddenly then uttered: "We know that full well Keagan, but don't forget that as their loved one, you must also stay healthy and safe. Victor won't be happy when he finds out that you depleted all your energy while taking care of Neziah and him". Keagan looked in grief at the motionless Victor. My father Kasadya could sense what he was pondering about so declared: "You can rest assured that we won't let him die, Keagan". Keagan nodded then said, before placing a kiss on Victor's forehead "I'll be waiting for you to wake up, sweetheart".

Zeus and Hera looked at each other in bewilderment when they heard Keagan call Victor, sweetheart. I could sense that they were trying to contain their laughter. Zeus and Hera quickly controlled themselves when they saw me giving them a disapproving glare. Keagan bowed his head to my parents then walked out of the room. Hera and Zeus quickly followed him. I groaned when I heard Zeus ask Keagan, "Is Vic okay with you calling him "Sweetheart", Keagan?" Keagan chuckled then responded to Zeus with: "No Zeus, he isn't, but that won't prevent me from calling him however I wish. Loving Victor made my life sweeter than ever so he deserves a nickname like Sweetheart".

Hera squealed loudly suddenly then yelled: "You are so romantic, Keagan. I truly hope that my mate is similar to you and not like my brothers. You are caring, loving, and loyal. I'm sure that anyone would be lucky to have you". Keagan halted his steps suddenly then turned around to face Hera. Hera almost collided with him. Keagan smiled broadly at Hera then cupped her face. He then uttered while placing a kiss on Hera's temple, "I'm sure that you will get the mate that you deserve, my beautiful sister-in-law. Thank you so much for acknowledging my worth. I had been doubting myself for various reasons up till, but you have managed to cheer me up".

Zeus growled while pushing Keagan slowly away from Hera then said: "I'm very possessive Keagan. So I don't like people touching the ones that I love. I'll let it slide this time because you kind of grew on me". Keagan started laughing suddenly then asked Zeus "And what about Zane then Zeus. Did you also take a liking to him?" Zeus quickly tried to sense if I had been monitoring him. He then responded to Keagan while winking at him with: "Oh, I also like Zane. Zane's the man!" I shook my head when I heard Zeus suddenly whisper into Keagan's ear, "Trust me, Keagan. I would never even let Zane touch Big T if he wasn't his mate".