Chapter 29. Honeymoon phase

Theo's P.O.V

Zane and I went back to our hotel suite after everyone had left the venue. Zane looked exhausted so I decided to postpone our mating for the time being. He was already carrying our child so I wasn't in a hurry to mate with him. I asked Zane to take a shower while I went to my office to check up on things. My uncle Corban and my uncle Orion were having a drinking party in my father's conference room by the time I reached my office. I walked to my father's conference room to greet them and to ask them if anything happened during my wedding.

I heard Corban and Orion laughing like maniacs while I opened the door of the conference room. There were many empty liquor bottles on the conference table. I could see that their goal was quite obviously to get drunk that night. Corban and Orion scowled at me when they noticed me standing by the door. I chuckled then said "I didn't mean to spoil your fun guys. I just wanted to know if there were any incidents during my wedding". My uncle Corban looked puzzled at my uncle Orion then asked me "Shouldn't you be burning up the sheets with your mate by now Theo?"

Corban playfully hit Orion on his shoulder and then uttered "Hey, don't be so vulgar. We're his uncles so we shouldn't be meddling with his married life". Corban and Orion burst out laughing after that and I asked myself how much alcohol they had consumed to get so drunk. I didn't mind Corban and Orion's behavior. They had been vigilant since my parents left for their vacation so I could understand why they needed to release some stress. My uncle Orion then suddenly pointed at the stack of files that were on the conference table and said "The first one contains a report on your wedding. The others contain information about Victor and Zeus's wedding and other events. You can look through them if you like. Your parents haven't seen them yet because we just finished processing all the information that we received from the warriors".

I nodded at my uncle while taking a seat then replied to him with "Thank you uncle". I grabbed the first file after that and started looking through it. I smiled at my uncle Corban when he put a glass of whiskey in front of me. He walked back to my uncle after that and started talking about training regiments. I frowned when I read that alpha Ridge's cavalry had tried to barge into the hotel to protect their alpha and his son. "How loyal," I thought to myself when I saw that at least three betas had tried to fight back when they were being subdued by our warriors. These betas had tried to breach the protective barrier because their alphas had summoned them.

I groaned when I realized that there was still a chance that packs would rebel against me in the future. I chuckled while thinking about how stupid they were. I didn't care about them because I knew how powerful I was. I had a feeling that I would soon get my chance to show them how I truly operated. I closed the file that I had been going through then drank my whiskey in one go. I then looked at my uncles and said "I want one of you to send an email to all the packs that tried to breach the security barriers during my wedding. Tell them that they are on my blacklist now and that I will be keeping an eye on them. Make sure that they know what will happen to them if they anger me".

My uncle Orion chuckled menacingly then uttered "Straight to the point, I like it. You're just like your father Kasadya. I'll make it happen even if I'm not your second in command". I bowed my head to my uncle then replied to him with "Thank you, uncle Orion". My uncle Corban then suddenly raised his glass and yelled: "Congratulations on your wedding Theo. May you live happily with your mate and your future children". I smiled at my uncle Corban then uttered: "You too, uncle". My uncle spit his drink out in surprise then asked me while coughing "What are you talking about Theo?"

I smirked at my uncle and then asked him "Aren't you mated to uncle Orion?" My uncle Corban scrunched up his nose then asked me "Are you crazy Theo, what gave you the idea that we were mated?" I chuckled seeing my uncle's reaction then answered his question with "It's because you two are always together. You two have a great bond despite showing the outside world how much you hate each other. My siblings and I always thought that you two were mated and that you were just being on the down-low about it".