Chapter 27. Wedding bells Part 1.

Victor's P.O.V

This is an extra-long chapter so enjoy reading everyone.

It seemed like my parents had already realized how exhausted we all were. We were all glad when my parents told us that we were allowed to sleep in the next morning. My father Heracles handed Neziah over to me after announcing the schedule for the next day and then followed my father Kasadya to their room. We all bid each other good night after that and then went to our rooms. I suddenly realized that I had never slept with Keagan before. We knew each other well and we loved each other but we hadn't been intimate yet. Kissing was the only form of intimacy that we had until now and I was kind of glad about it.

Things were getting worse between Gisselle and me so I didn't want to create a mate bond with Keagan yet. I was getting nervous because I didn't know how to deny Keagan if he wanted to take our relationship to the next level. Keagan would surely not try anything with our child around so I didn't understand why I was getting anxious. I tried to calm myself down before stepping into our room with Neziah and Keagan. I groaned when I remembered that Neziah had his own room in our suite. Keagan took Neziah out of my arms and then said while walking towards his room "I'm going to put Neziah to bed now Victor. You can take a shower if you like".

I nodded at my mate and then grabbed a towel to go take a shower. I saw Keagan sitting on our bed when I walked out of the bathroom half-naked. He was going through a file with the name "Anna Hoffman" on it. Anna Hoffman was Keagan's assistant so I knew that my mate was going through her personal information at the moment. "Did you find out anything interesting about her?", I asked Keagan while drying my hair and he just quietly gazed at me. I could sense that Keagan was trying to figure out what was going on in my head so I just ignored him.

Keagan put Anna's file down after a while and then asked me while hugging me from behind "You know that I will never cheat on you, right Vic?" I sighed while placing my towel down on the dresser and then replied to Keagan with "I know that Keagan but that doesn't mean that she won't try anything". Keagan chuckled while placing a kiss on my neck and then uttered: "I never pegged you for the jealous type Vic". I groaned while turning around to face Keagan and then replied to him with "I'm not jealous Keagan. I'm just asking you to be careful because I could see through her and her intentions".

My heart skipped a beat when I heard Keagan say "I see people staring at you all the time sweetheart but I never get jealous about it because I know that you only have eyes for me". I shook my head at Keagan and then said to him while pushing him away from me "Go take a shower Keagan". Keagan burst out laughing and then grabbed my used towel to hang it properly on the towel rack. I mumbled "What a neat freak" to myself while pulling on a t-shirt and then walked to Neziah's room to check on him. Neziah was peacefully sleeping on his stomach while clutching his bunny close to his chest. I carefully sat down next to him and then placed a kiss on his cheek.

I couldn't help but feel guilty when I remembered how our future would look. Keagan and Neziah truly didn't deserve to go through the things that I had seen in my premonition. It was now too late to distance myself from my mate and child. My parents were already back and they were now forcing us to marry. I had to figure out a way to leave the family before I made everyone's life miserable. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that Neziah had started whimpering in pain. I got startled when Keagan suddenly grabbed my arm and then pulled me off Neziah's bed.

He pushed me towards the door and then uttered: "Go wait in our room Vic, I'll be with you in a minute". I looked in shock at Keagan when I realized that he had just a towel wrapped around his waist. Keagan's hair was still wet and there were water droplets slowly running across his skin. Seeing that, I asked myself if Keagan ran out of the shower just to get me away from Neziah. Keagan quickly put a dry towel on his shoulder and then carefully picked the whimpering Neziah up. He leaned the little boy on the towel and then whispered while stroking his back "It's okay Neziah, daddy's here".