Chapter 6. The Zelus brothers Part 1

Third person's P.O.V

It would be soon a week without their parents for the men but they diligently kept their agreement to have dinner together every night. Theo spent his week adjusting to his new job and fulfilling the duties that his alpha king father had laid on him before leaving. Zeus was busy handling matters in the underworld and didn't even realize that a week had already gone by. Zeus's time and energy went mostly to the barrier breaches that had been happening in the underworld. He had tried to find the source of this occurrence but to no avail.

He had a feeling that someone was trying to test his patience so decided to wait and see what this person's next step would be. His father Kasadya had asked him to keep an eye on his hospital before leaving so he was busy handling that matter too. Sinners on earth also kept trying to avoid their punishments so the mighty Zeus was suddenly so swamped with work that he didn't even have the time to go play with the moon goddesses sacred creatures. Poor Zeus had then no other option than to ask the moon goddess if he could use his reward for marrying Ian Landon on a later date. The moon goddess agreed to it but Zeus didn't know that his good friend was very pleased with the fact that her precious creatures were safe from his clutches for the time being.

Victor was busier than ever too. He suddenly started getting requests from people all around the world to join "The Victor Bloodstone clan" and he had to investigate these people before meeting them personally. Victor had learned from his powerful fathers throughout the years that people were most loyal to you if you showed interest in them and he was trying to do exactly that. He couldn't believe that his clan members had ventured out of America in fear of his forefathers and his father's wrath. Victor made an oath to himself that he would never turn into someone like his biological father when he found out about this. He was going to show his clan members that he was raised right by Heracles and Kasadya Zelus and that they had nothing to fear as long as they lived by the rules that was set for them.

His parents had also given him a huge responsibility before leaving and it was tiring for him to keep an eye on things that were happening on earth and in the underworld. Victor was feeling the effects of his rejection too and he couldn't wait for his parents to come back. The three powerful men had realized at an early age how hard their parents worked to keep the balance between good and evil in this world. And they couldn't help but praise them now that they were experiencing it themselves.

The three men used their weekend to tie some loose ends and to update each other on their progress. Zeus and Victor used this time to ask Theo for advice on troubling matters too and their big brother made sure to listen to their solutions first before giving them his input on these matters. Theo had realized in the absence of his parents that his brothers were wise enough to come up with their own solutions and he was very proud of them. The weekend flew by before the three men knew it and they were now sure that they could handle another week without their parents by their side. Theo had decided to go to bed early on Sunday night because he had work the next day. His brothers followed his example and went to bed early too.

The three men woke up early the next day to save time and then had breakfast together before going their own way. Theo took the elevator to go to the garage of the mansion to get his car while Zeus and Victor used spells to go to their respective offices. He mind linked Cyrus to notify him that he was leaving and then started his car. Theo parked his car in the parking space that was meant for new employers and then stepped out of his car. He could sense people admiring his expensive car and heard them asking themselves what someone like him was doing at their law firm. Theo never liked to show off but he couldn't change himself for others either. He was who he was and he was happy with himself.

Theo walked into the building after making sure that he had everything and then walked straight to Mia to greet her. Mia was friendly to everyone so Theo didn't mind having a conversation now and then with her. He hadn't seen or sensed Zane Magnus since the interview and he was glad about it. He had already heard from Caily that the famous attorney went back to Texas the same day to handle some matters. Theo didn't care about where Zane was or what he was doing because he didn't have a bond with him. He felt at ease at the law firm despite often being the topic of the day. Mia was just about to tell Theo about how she had to babysit her niece the whole weekend due to her sister's illness when he heard Cyrus say "The Blue Moon Pack has submitted a request to see your father Theo. When would you like me to set up a meeting with them for you?"