Chapter 37. A parent's love Part 5

Zeus's P.O.V

You can't imagine what I was experiencing while Victor was sharing his grief with us. The devil inside of me was roaring in rage. My devil would only calm down if Gisselle pleaded with him to spare her worthless life. My whole body was burning, and I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, as my father did. I couldn't stop thinking about how we would have lost Victor if my parents hadn't stepped in. I knew that Victor took such a step because he wanted to save us. The problem was that my devil and I liked things in a certain way.

We were possessive and didn't like change. Victor was a part of us. He always managed to calm my parents down when I did something outrageous. Victor was the apple of my parent's eyes. It was like he was a color that was soothing to them. My brother liked spending time with my parents while Theo, Hera, and I were always off doing other things. He distracted my parents when I was busy doing something stupid. I loved all my siblings equally. I wouldn't survive if one of them died. I bet that I would demand the moon goddess to bring Victor back if he had perished.

I had done a lot of favors for her throughout the years. So she wouldn't dare to deny my request. And if she did, then I had other ways to convince her otherwise. I was not surprised that my parents knew about Victor's troubles. Victor was someone who liked to keep his problems to himself. So I could understand why my parents were waiting for him to come to them himself. I was glad that Victor was safe, but I would only calm down if Gisselle disappeared from the face of the earth.

I wanted to kill that little weasel for years now. I always imagined myself dancing with Gisselle's severed head. I didn't know why, but I never liked that little witch. It was maybe because she had a smirk on her face every time I saw her. And trust me if she wasn't our so-called family then I would have never let her look at me like that. It seemed like my wish wasn't going to come true anytime soon. And I was angry about it. I was on the verge of losing control of my powers. I would have destroyed my father's castle if my father Heracles hadn't calmed me down. He soothed me by channeling funny images about Gisselle into my mind. I wanted to ask him if he saw me as a baby, but it oddly calmed me down. So I didn't say anything. Well, my father could see me as a baby as long as he liked. That is if it meant that I would be getting what I wanted.

I was ready to act all cute and cuddly for him, but I knew that it wouldn't change anything. My father, Kasadya, was the top dog in my parent's relationship. I changed my mind when I remembered that my father, Kasadya, would never let me have my way. "I was right," I thought to myself when I heard the ridiculous rules that my parents had constructed. I never liked regulations. I immediately started thinking of a way to avoid them. I was surprised when Theo agreed to follow my parent's rules. Theo was our leader. It seemed like he knew what he was doing. So Hera and I decided to follow his lead.

I was thankful to my father, Kasadya, for providing Hera and me the chance to express our feelings. I felt a lot better after killing a few rogue demons and eating their souls. Hera destroyed many of the moon goddess's precious creations in anger. She knew that the moon goddess would be disappointed in her. She made sure that everything was in order before we left. I couldn't wait to see the little worm. I could sense that my father, Heracles, was keeping an eye on me to make sure that I didn't kill her. I wasn't stupid. I knew what the consequences of meddling with our parent's affairs were.

We could sense that our grandparents were home when we arrived at their mansion. My father, Kasadya sighed while looking at my grandparent's residence. He then uttered: "I wish that I didn't have to do this". My devil started growling but he instantly calmed down when he heard my father add, "But Gisselle did something unimaginable. I won't allow her to get away with it". My father, Heracles, placed his hand on my father's shoulder to console him. My parents respected Adrian and Maximus. I could sense what they were going through at that moment. My father Heracles then looked into our direction and stated: "Don't forget what we talked about earlier, guys". We nodded at my father. Hera perked up when she heard my father Kasadya say, "Go spook Gisselle, Hera".