Chapter 7. The Zelus brothers Part 2

Third person's P.O.V

Robert knew his friend Zane pretty well so knew exactly what to say and what not to say. He was so confused by his friend's shocking revelation at the moment that he didn't know what to do so decided to just quietly observe the three powerful men again. Zane and Robert actually met each other for the first time when they were still in kindergarten. Zane had just moved into the neighbourhood so didn't have any friends. Robert had always been a rambunctious child so immediately ran down the street to peek at the people who had just gotten out of their van. He squealed in excitement when he saw four boys who were older than him getting out of the car but he got disappointed when he remembered that older kids didn't like to play with little kids like him.

Robert got excited again when he saw a boy who looked like, was the same age as him carefully jump out of the van. "A new friend" he thought to himself while rubbing his hands together and he was just about to run towards the boy when he was scooped up from behind by his father. Robert giggled when he heard his father say "I think that I'm going to die early if you keep this up Robert, why can't you stay still Giggles?" Robert missed his chance to make friends with the little boy that day so he waited to approach him at the local kindergarten. His parents always dropped him off early due to their work so Robert made sure to wait for his new neighbour at the kindergarten's gate.

He smiled when he saw Zane's parents walking towards the kindergarten's gate with his potential new friend. Zane had his head down and it seemed like he didn't want to be there. Robert didn't understand why someone wouldn't want to be at the kindergarten because to him, the kindergarten was a place where he could be as rambunctious as he wanted. The gate keeper quickly opened the gate once Zane's parents explained to him that their son would be enrolling into the kindergarten that day. Robert made himself look presentable and then ran towards Zane. He poked Zane's cheek to get his attention and then uttered "Hi, I'm Robert let's be friends okay". Robert was shocked when he heard Zane reply to him with "No". Robert wasn't someone who gave up easily so kept bothering Zane until he warmed up to him.

The boys became inseparable after a while and Zane's parents were happy that their son had made a friend for life. The boys went to the same college and university together and Robert even chose the same profession as Zane. Robert had decided at an early age to follow and to support his best friend so became Zane's personal assistant in the end. Robert had seen many sides of his best friend until now. He knew that his best friend was perceptive, strong willed and smart so he couldn't understand why Zane wasn't sure if Theo Zelus was his mate or not. You could always feel a strong pull towards your mate when you met them and it had already been more than a week since Zane had met Theo. Robert had difficulty understanding this situation so asked himself "Is there maybe something bigger at play here?"

Robert put his hand on Zane's shoulder to comfort him when he saw how gloomy he looked. He then quickly looked into the Zelus brothers direction again when he heard alpha Jaxon scream in fear. There were suddenly two more mystical cats in the office and they were growling menacingly at alpha Jaxon and Jeffrey. Leloth and Goliath decided to make an appearance when they sensed that there brother was out and they were now growling menacingly at their enemies. Theo put his hand up to stop them and they instantly obeyed him. Zeus chuckled menacingly while stroking Leloth's huge head and then said while looking at Viper "Remember Viper, sharing is caring and it builds a strong family bond too". Viper ignored Zeus's remark completely and the current ruler of the underworld couldn't help but think that he acted the same way as his owner did.

Alpha Jaxon almost pissed himself when he realized that Zeus was talking about him and quickly grabbed his beta's arm. Jeffrey pushed him immediately away and then yelled "I have suffered enough at your hands alpha Jaxon and wish to suffer no more so don't drag me into this and go die by yourself". Jeffrey's cruel attitude instantly got Zeus's attention and he quickly jumped off the table while piercing his scythe through the floor. All the furniture that were in the room started shaking from the impact and Victor shook his head at his little brother. Theo in return looked in amusement at his little brother and then said to him "Respect other people's property Zeus". Zeus put his hand on his mouth to cover his evil smile and then replied to Theo with "I'm sorry big brother, I couldn't help myself because this is too damn exciting".