Chapter 30. A ray of hope.

Hi guys, one of my dear readers pointed out to me that Ian never had his own P.O.V. So I decided to write a chapter about him. Guess who's going to claim his man in this chapter? Lol. I hope that you all will enjoy Zeus's outburst everyone:-)

Ian's P.O.V

I was seven years old when my parents shared our family's history with me. My father told me that we had a lineage that we should be proud of. My grandparents had taught my father how to be a righteous man. I always knew that my father was a hardworking and obedient man. My father made sure that we lived according to God's rules. My parents were descendants of angels so, by honor of my birthright, I was also an angel. My parents couldn't stop praising their forefather's work ethics and their bonds while telling me about our family. I couldn't believe my ears when they suddenly completely flipped the script on me and told me that the moon goddess had cursed us.

I looked in shock at my father when he started explaining to me why our family wouldn't survive for long. They didn't know when we would meet our end so they asked me not to create a bond with anyone while we were still alive. My parents were late in telling me about the curse because I had already made a friend. I decided not to tell my parents about my dear friend Alina Noble when I saw how serious they were. My parents tried their best to console me but the damage was already done. The only that I could think about at that moment was, "I'm going to die soon".

I can still remember what my father asked me after telling me the horrid story about how he became cursed. Honestly speaking, I couldn't understand why the moon goddess had cursed my father. Sure, my father had killed one of her precious fairy's but wasn't the punishment too severe for something that he didn't deliberately do? My father asked me what I wanted to leave behind when I died. The seven-year-old me didn't know how to respond to my father at that moment. It took me some time to realize where my father was going with this question. I suddenly remembered my father's teachings and replied to him with "I want to leave an extraordinary legacy behind when I die father".

My parents hugged me tightly while crying when they heard my reply. My mother started homeschooling me after that and I barely left the mansion. I spent most of my precious time training with my father or reading books to gain knowledge about the hierarchy of heaven, earth, and the underworld. I didn't want anyone to mock us so I made sure that I stayed on the right path. Time slowly passed by and I became the man that I am now today. I forgot how to smile throughout the years. I spent more time monitoring the fallen angels than enjoying the little time that I had left on earth.

I stayed as far away as possible from people because I didn't want to drag them down with me. The only person that I kept in contact with was, Alina. We were inseparable and I liked the fact that she didn't mind all the rumors that were going around about me. My parents never realized that I was in contact with her because we always met in secret. I never had romantic feelings for Alina. I was certain that she didn't have any feelings for me either. We spent our time while talking about random things when we met each other. I was happy that I had managed to make one true friend in my short-lived life.

The odd thing was that my parents never stopped looking for solutions despite knowing our fate. I was surprised one day, when out of the blue my father suddenly told me that he'd found a way and we could be saved. One of the head elders told my father that we could be saved if I married someone. The head elder wasn't sure about this so he had asked us to try and see because we had nothing to lose. My parents instantly started looking for a man or woman who would agree to marry me. They were heartbroken when all their attempts were in vain. I knew that people were afraid to die with us. I pitied them because the only people who would die with us were my father's direct kin. People forgot that they would inherit everything we had once things went south.