Chapter 22. They're back!

Victor's P.O.V

I casted a spell to take me back to my office after picking up Neziah. I had asked Ezra to order several dishes from our restaurant and to install a car seat in my car for Neziah. I smiled at Ezra when I saw that he had already neatly packed the dishes in a food basket. He had even made sure that we have enough cold drinks to quench our thirst. I was just about to leave when I heard Ezra say "I was going through your emails and noticed that you haven't looked into the email that your aunt had sent you Victor".

Ezra called me by my name when we were alone and I didn't mind it because we had been friends for years now. I remembered the email titled "Important" the moment I heard what Ezra had said and then replied to him with "Remind me to look into it when I come back, Ezra". Ezra nodded at me and then uttered while stroking Neziah's head "I'm on my way to have lunch with my husband and child too Victor, mind link me if you need anything". Ezra chuckled when he heard Neziah reply to him with "Have fun with your family, uncle Ezra".

Ezra nodded and then replied to Neziah with "You too Neziah". Ezra walked out of my office after that. I grabbed Neziah's hand and then the food basket when I realized that it was getting late. I then casted a spell to take me to the garage that was located under my office building. Neziah squealed when he saw my expensive car and I then said to him while placing the food basket on the hood of the car "You have to listen carefully to me from now on Neziah". Neziah nodded cutely at me and then replied to me with "Okay papa". I opened the car's backdoor and then said to Neziah while buckling him into the car seat "Stay as close to me as possible while we're at your father's office, okay?"

Neziah smiled at me and then replied to me with "It's okay Papa, I'll behave". I placed a kiss on Neziah's head after making sure that he was safely buckled in and then replied to him with "You are not a naughty child so I'm not worried about you misbehaving while we're there Neziah. I'm worried about the people around us. They won't be happy when they see your father and me together so I'm going to block them out for you. And this won't help if you approach them first, do you understand?"

Neziah nodded his head at me and then answered my question with "I understand papa". I smiled at Neziah and then went to grab the food basket. I drove out of the garage after securing the food basket on the back seat of the car and Neziah instantly started singing a children's song. He squealed when he suddenly heard the radio playing popular children's songs. I had casted a spell to look for a children's radio station and it looked like Neziah was very satisfied with my choice. I concentrated on the road after that and we arrived at the sheriff's office after thirty minutes.

I parked the car and then went to help Neziah get out of the car. Almost all the spaces in the parking lot were occupied so I knew that the sheriff's office was having a busy day. I grabbed the food basket after making sure that Neziah was patiently waiting for me and I could instantly feel people's eyes on me. I even heard one of them ask his friend "What is this rich boy doing here?" His friend looked in awe at me and then replied to his friend with "Maybe he committed a crime and came to bribe the sheriff to let him go". I shook my head while locking my car and then grabbed Neziah's hand.

Neziah was too busy observing his surroundings to pay attention to what people were saying about me. I walked towards the entrance of the building with Neziah. I was glad that I had decided to block everyone out when I heard one of the police officers cursing at a culprit. The officer that was sitting at the front desk in the lobby of the building looked in surprise at me when he realized who I was and then asked me "What can I do for you today sir?" I smiled at him and then replied to him with "Can you tell me where I can find sheriff Keagan Kealoha?"

The officer looked suddenly behind him and I then finally noticed the buffed looking man who was sitting behind him. The man stood up and then asked me "Can you tell me what kind of business you have with him, sir?" I smiled broadly at the man and then answered his question with "My son and I are here to have lunch with him". The officer and the man then both leaned forward to take a look at Neziah. I chuckled when I saw Neziah looking curiously at the two grown men while clutching his bunny close to his chest. He was probably asking himself why the two grown men hadn't noticed him before.