Chapter 55. The ghost of the past and future Part 1

Keagan's P.O.V

Hi guys, I finally managed to upload another chapter. This chapter has more than 6000 words, so enjoy reading:-) I'll be answering all your comments soon. Please keep commenting. They are my inspirations.

I could hear my parent's souls calling out to me the whole time I was unconscious. I couldn't open my eyes no matter how hard I tried. It was like I was in a never-ending dream. I kept dreaming about the adventures that I had with my parents when I was a child. It seemed like my parents didn't want me to find out what they were going through at that moment. My parents could fool me but not my heart. I woke up frightened when Theo broke my parent's spell. I quickly checked to see if Victor and Neziah were alright. I sighed in relief when I saw that my mate and child were already awake. Neziah was still feeling drowsy. He closed his eyes and fell asleep again.

Victor placed a kiss on Neziah's head, then laced his fingers together with mine. My heart was beating rapidly. I couldn't wait to see my parents. I could hear a baby's cry after a while, but there was still no sign of my parents. Neziah woke up the moment Asa came into the world. He was happy that his playmate had finally arrived. I jumped up from my seat when I sensed that my parents were back. I felt wrong for leaving my mate's side, so I gazed dejectedly at him. Victor frowned at me, then said, "Go, they need you, right?" I nodded at my mate, then conjured two bottles of cold water and some wet towels. I ran into the hospital room while keeping my emotions under control. I didn't care about the consequences of ruining Theo's moment. I just wanted to see if my parents were alright.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw my parent's battered bodies. I could sense that my mother was thirsty, so I quickly helped her drink. I then concentrated on my father. I was glad that Hera had healed my parents. I thought that the whole ordeal was finally over, but I was sadly mistaken. I was sorely disappointed when I sensed that there was still a problem with my parent's health. My parents were still mentally exhausted. They needed time to recuperate. I couldn't take my eyes off my parents the whole time we were at the hospital. Victor knew that I was having trouble with something. I appreciated it when he didn't ask me what was bothering me in front of everyone. We went home after congratulating Theo and Zane, and spending a little time getting acquainted with baby Asa.

My parents took a shower and went straight to bed after arriving home. They could barely function, so I stayed beside them to assist them. Victor put Neziah to bed after bathing him. Victor had already taken a shower by the time I returned to our room. He was busy applying body lotion when I walked into the room. The masculine scent of the body lotion filled the air. I walked towards Victor, then hugged him from behind. Victor leaned against my chest, then ran his fingers through my hair. I closed my eyes and enjoyed my mate's touch. Victor started swaying with me to make me feel good. My mind and body immediately started relaxing. Victor and I stayed in the same position for at least ten minutes. Victor led me to our bed after a while, then asked me, "What's troubling you, Keagan?"

I sighed while sitting on our bed. Victor took a seat next to me, then uttered, "I know that this is not about your parents saving Zane. You are starting to make me feel anxious. So please don't stay quiet and tell me what you are so worried about." I grabbed Victor's hand, then responded to him with, "You are right, Vic, this has nothing to do with Zane. Zane is my brother. I would also do everything in my power to save him. I'm just worried about my parents. They went to such lengths to save Zane. They didn't care if they lived or died. I'm afraid of what they will do the next time one of us gets into trouble. I don't want them to suffer every time one of us gets hurt."

Victor grabbed my face, then kissed me deeply. He then said while caressing my cheek, "We will have to make sure that none of us gets hurt from now on then, won't we?" I shook my head, then responded to Victor with, "That's easy for you to say, sweetheart, but our enemies are lurking in the shadows. They are waiting for the right moment to strike." Victor winced when he heard me call him "Sweetheart." I chuckled while placing a kiss on Victor's forehead. Victor threw his arms around me suddenly then hugged me tightly. My heart welled up with pride when I heard Victor say, "I, Victor Kealoha, promise you that I will never let anything happen to you, your parents, or our children, Keagan. I will shield you all from every attack, every illness, and bad omen."