Chapter 50. Loyalty

Theo's P.O.V

I could sense that Zane was feeling nervous during our flight. I was baffled when I found out what the cause of his nervousness was. Asher David meant nothing to me. I had closed that chapter years ago. I met Asher while I was visiting Apollo in South Africa. Apollo had asked me to assist him in searching for his last remaining kin. A fighter jet crashed in front of us just when we were about to leave the Serengeti. Apollo and I immediately took action. The pilot of the fighter jet had failed to eject from the aircraft due to technical difficulties.

Asher's scent hit me with full force the moment I yanked open the hood of the aircraft. I quickly pulled Asher out of the cockpit to check his injuries. I growled when images of Asher's history with men and women started flashing in my mind. I didn't mind Asher's behavior. He was a free man and had fought many battles. He could do whatever he wanted to release his stress. Cy and I had made a promise to ourselves that we would only love our true mate. My parents knew about this, and that is why they never forced me to look for my second chance mate.

I was planning to look for a surrogate mother to carry my child when the time was right. No one would ever dare to question me about my heir then. I had already discussed this with my parents, and they had agreed to help me with the process. Cy and I had made a bond with Zane when we touched him for the first time. It was a bond that we couldn't brake without dragging Zane down with us. I would rather die than hurt an innocent man. The moon goddess knew about our troubles. I was glad when she led Zane back into my life.

Zane and I had a troubling start, but we were united now. He shouldn't have felt bothered by some guy. I had rejected Asher after taking him to a hospital. I also paid his hospital bills. Asher was a human, so he didn't feel any pain. I made sure that the man wouldn't suffer from my rejection. Asher should have been able to live a happy and healthy life without me. I had no connection to Asher whatsoever, so I ignored him on board. I was worried about Zane, but I couldn't just explain the situation to him. Zane was someone who needed to see things with his own eyes before believing them.

I was relieved when our first night on the island went without a hitch. Everyone was having a good time, including Zane. I immensely enjoyed Zeus's performance. Zeus had managed to make everyone happy with his awkward moves. I placed a kiss on Zane's temple when I saw him grinning at Ian. It seemed like he was enjoying Ian's misfortunes. I was just about to lead Zane to the dancefloor when I heard my uncle Corban say through our mind link, "Our warriors need your assistance at the Lucah pack, Theo. I would go myself, but I'm busy at the moment." I knew that my uncle wouldn't bother me for no reason. So I left after explaining matters to Zane and my parents.

The Lucah pack was in turmoil by the time I reached it. It seemed like the pack members weren't happy with the current alpha. They had tried to overthrow the alpha. I could sense why the pack was in an uproar the moment I arrived. The alpha of the Lucah pack was too drunk to answer my questions. He couldn't even stand straight. I asked myself how much alcohol he had consumed to get so intoxicated. The youth of the pack approached me first. They notified me about something that I already knew.

The alpha had used the money that was reserved for the children's education to drink his troubles away. Everyone had something to share with me about the alpha. Some people were against the alpha, and some supported him diligently. It took us a lot of time to calm everyone down. I couldn't take harsh measures because the pack members were good people. I asked some of our warriors to spend the night at the pack. No one would dare to do anything stupid if they were around. I took the intoxicated alpha to our pack's prison. I put him in a holding cell, then asked the warriors to keep an eye on him. There was no use in talking to someone who wasn't in his right mind.