Chapter 26. A pleasant surprise Part 2

Zane's P.O.V

I hadn't had a peaceful day since I accepted Theo as my mate. My parents had found out the truth about my brothers and they were now demanding me to set them straight. My brothers straying from the right path had nothing to do with me, to begin with, so I didn't understand why they were bothering me with it. I had achieved everything on my own and I had paid my parents back every cent that they had spent on me. I needed the freedom to make something of myself so I made sure that they didn't have a reason to complain.

It seemed like my parents hadn't thought about the consequences when they decided to disown me. They were now in big trouble because my brothers were on the verge of ruining their perfect reputation. I had told my parents clearly that I had no interest in helping them but it seemed like they were not ready to give up yet. I didn't tell Theo about this because he had problems of his own to deal with. It's not like I wasn't happy with Theo. Theo was the love of my life and I would do anything to be with him but the thing is that I liked to do things my own way. Theo's parents had managed to take me out of my comfort zone for the second time now and I felt frustrated about it.

I was currently handling three high profile cases. I didn't have time to waste on a family gathering. I had to ask Robert to postpone all my meetings before going on this so-called cruise with Theo's family. I could sense that my in-laws were up to something when they came to visit Theo and me at the law firm. My fears came true when I heard Kasadya Zelus say that we were all getting married on the same day. I was in no way ready to get married. I thought that Theo and I shared the same thoughts on that aspect but it seemed like I was wrong. I groaned when I realized that Theo was ready to jump the broom just because his parents had ordered him to do so.

I was fuming with anger and I couldn't wait to confront Theo about this. Kasadya Zelus burst out laughing when he realized how shocked we all were and then said "You guys are free to do whatever you want on the yacht till eight o'clock. We'll have a party on the deck at nine-thirty so don't be late". Everyone was still in shock so no one made a move to leave the deck. Kasadya Zelus elegantly drank his glass of champagne then growled "You guys are ruining my alone time with my husband so get lost". Everyone immediately followed the steward who was waiting to guide us when they heard Kasadya Zelus laugh menacingly.

The steward led us to our rooms and I turned around to face Theo the moment I heard him lock the door behind him. I frowned at Theo and then asked him "Why didn't you tell your father that we are not ready to get married yet, Theo. Didn't you tell me that you wanted to come out as an alpha before getting married?" Theo sighed and then replied to me with "We can't have everything we want Zane. My parents know what they are doing. They probably know that everything will work out once we are married so let's just follow their orders for now". I couldn't believe what Theo was saying so said "Your parents certainly have you wrapped around their fingers, Theo. You should support your mate on this matter and not them".

Theo growled when he heard what I had said and then uttered before walking out of the room with his suitcase "This is the second time that you have offended my parents Zane. I may have said nothing the first time that you did it but that doesn't mean that I liked it. I will blame this on the hormones because you are pregnant. I'll leave you alone for now because I don't know if I can control my anger if you disrespect my parents again". I groaned after Theo left and then took off my suit jacket in anger. I threw my suit jacket on the sofa and then went to sit on the edge of the huge bed that was in the room.

My mind started wandering the moment I sat down. I asked myself repeatedly if I would be able to live my life freely after I married Theo. I suddenly felt sleepy and I took off my shoes so I could lie down on the bed. I couldn't understand what was happening to me. Fear crept into my heart when I realized that I had never felt so tired before. I barely managed to lie comfortably on the bed before closing my eyes. The last thing that I heard before falling into a deep slumber was a child cooing. I smiled in my sleep when I realized that someone was playing with my child.