Chapter 46. Adventure time

Kasadya's P.O.V

Hi guys, this chapter will be leading up to something good. So be patient and enjoy reading.

I had been running around like a maniac the whole day. I didn't feel like listening or talking to anyone anymore, so I stayed quiet during dinner. I enjoyed watching everyone fuss about the situation. They were all trying to figure out what was bothering me. I could have just told them that I was tired, but where is the fun in that. Herac and I went straight to our room after dinner. I went to take a shower while Herac went to his office to see Corban. I took a long and relaxing bath while Herac was away. I smiled when I sensed that Herac had finally returned. I was just about to walk out of the bathroom naked when I heard a knock on our bedroom door.

I decided to wait and see how everything would play out when I sensed that Zane came to visit us. Herac chuckled when he sensed what I was scheming. He then uttered while taking off his shoes, "Come in, Zane!" Zane slowly opened the door then peeked into the room. "I hope that I'm not disturbing you guys, father," uttered Zane while smiling at Herac. Heracles placed his shoes next to the bed, then responded to Zane with, "No, Zane, you are not disturbing us. Don't be afraid. You can come in."

Zane nodded, then quickly walked into the room. He looked in awe around the room, then uttered, "This room is beautiful, father." Herac had a soft heart. So I wasn't surprised when I heard him reply to Zane with, "Okay, it's settled then. I'll order the contractors to build a room like this one in all of you boy's houses." Zane looked in astonishment at Herac. He tried to protest, but Herac quickly stopped him by saying, "We don't mind spending money on our children, Zane. You guys are the reason why we worked so hard for so many years anyway."

Zane looked dejected suddenly. I knew that he was thinking about his parents. Herac wanted to divert Zane's attention, so he asked him, "Did you want to talk to us about something, Zane?" Zane quickly controlled his emotions, then responded to Herac with, "Yes, father. I wanted to talk to you guys about our short vacation." I walked out of the bathroom while wearing a bathrobe the moment I heard Zane mention our short vacation. I could sense that Zane was about to say something hilarious. This conversation needed my undivided attention. Zane took a step back when he noticed me. "Poor guy," I thought to myself while looking at my son-in-law.

"Well, hello there, Zane," I uttered while standing next to Herac like I didn't know that Zane was already in the room. Heracles put his hand on my shoulder when he sensed how excited I was. Zane bowed his head to me, then greeted me with, "Hello father." Herac was worried about Zane, so mind linked me to say, "Behave yourself, Kass." I frowned while looking at my mate. Herac was acting ridiculous, and I didn't appreciate his attitude. What was Herac thinking? I would never make fun of Zane in a time like this. Okay, I would, but he didn't need to warn me about it.

"Why am I always the black sheep, Herac?" I asked my mate through our mind link while acting pitiful. Heracles scowled at me, then responded to me with, "Because you're always cooking up something." I chuckled then uttered, "Yeah, that's true." Heracles shook his head at me, then said to Zane, "Go ahead, Zane. We are listening." Zane smiled broadly at Herac, then replied to him with, "Thank you, father. I know how busy you guys are. So I wanted to ask you guys if I could organize this short vacation for you." Heracles looked stunned at Zane. I tried to sense if Zane was doing this to impress us. I groaned when I realized that Zane was genuinely concerned about us.

Heracles walked closer to Zane, then said to him while stroking his head, "We have hired people to take care of such things, Zane. You don't have to worry about it. Everything will be in order before we leave. Theo will hate us if we let you exert yourself so close to your due date. So forget about everything and concentrate on your unborn child." Zane put his head down, then uttered while caressing his stomach, "Asa understands why I'm doing this father. I will be only making calls anyway. Please, allow me to share your burden as your eldest son-in-law with you this time."