Chapter 48. A gift Part 2

Kasadya's P.O.V

I left before Herac could ask me any more questions about where I was going. I made sure to keep an eye on Heracles and Zane while I was on my mission. I burst out laughing when I heard Heracles growl, "This man will be the death of me someday." I quickly mind linked Heracles to say, "I'm doing this for us, Herac. I couldn't take you along with me because Zane needs you." Heracles sighed while walking into Zane's direction.

Zane was sitting by himself on the beach. He was staring intensely at the waves. I could sense that many thoughts were swirling around his head. I groaned when I saw Asher running in Zane's direction. It looked like he was on a late-night run. Asher was listening to loud music while jogging. He hadn't realized that he was running in the wrong direction. Asher got startled when his eyes suddenly fell on Zane. He almost lost his balance from the shock. "Geez, you scared me," uttered Asher while panting and clutching his chest. Zane quickly got up, then asked Asher, "Are you okay?" Asher chuckled while looking at Zane's concerned face. "I'm alright, sir. You don't have to worry about me," uttered Asher while smiling. Zane nodded then turned around to look at the ocean again. Zane frowned when he heard Asher suddenly say, "Can I ask you something, sir?"

Zane stuck his hands in his pant's pockets, then replied to Asher with, "Yes, sure, go ahead." Zane looked in astonishment at Asher when he asked him, "Is everyone in the Zelus family gay, sir?" Zane shook his head, then replied to Asher with, "I guess they all fell in love with a person, not gender, dear aviator." Asher quickly took a step back then uttered, "I didn't mean to offend the Zelus family or you, sir. I don't discriminate between men and women. I enjoy looking at gorgeous people. We all need someone to warm our bed at night, right? I had my share of rendezvous with men. I was just surprised to see that all the Zelus men were married to the same gender, that's all." Asher was a human, so he didn't know how the mate bond worked.

I would have killed him if he had asked me the same question because it was none of his business, but Zane was different. I chuckled when I heard Zane ask, Asher, "Don't you want to get married someday?" Asher put his hands up in the air then responded to Zane with, "I'm not marriage material, sir. I don't even have a fixed address. I'm planning to retire from the force soon. I'm currently looking for a job and a place where I can call home." Zane smiled at Asher when he realized that it was easy to talk to him. I was glad that Zane had finally sensed that Asher was not worthy enough to be his rival.

I was surprised when I saw Zane take his expensive business card holder out of his pant's pocket. Zane took out a business card, then said while handing it over to Asher, "Here, contact me if you don't find a job that suits you. I was pleased with your performance today." Asher quickly turned on the flashlight of his phone to read the name that was on the business card. Asher gasped when he realized who he had been bothering for so long. He stuck the business card in his pocket, then uttered, "I apologize for ogling at your man Mr. Magnus. Please, don't sue me."

I groaned when I heard Zane respond to Asher with, "I don't mind you eyeing my husband, Asher. He's gorgeous, so I can't blame you. Now, go on your merry way before my in-laws find out that you have been disturbing me. Not even I would be able to save you if they decide to bury you into the ground." Asher gulped, then yelled before continuing his run, "How cruel of you, Mr. Magnus!" I frowned when I saw Asher halt his steps suddenly. Asher turned around then walked back to Zane with a smile on his face.

Zane scowled at him. Asher burst out laughing when he saw how annoyed Zane was. "Can I just add one more thing before someone catches me, sir?" uttered Asher while grinning at Zane. Zane sighed then motioned Asher to go on. Asher took a deep breath, then continued with, "I met Mr. Theo Zelus a few years back. He saved me when I was on a mission in Africa. Mr. Theo Zelus was on a wildlife safari with his friend when my plane crashed in the Serengeti. He helped me out of the plane and took me to a hospital. I'm alive and well because of him today. He left before I could thank him for saving my life that day. I wanted to reach out to him today, but he didn't recognize me. He wasn't even interested in me. I just wanted to say that you are lucky to be married to a man like him, sir. I wish you two all the happiness in the world."