Chapter 23. Trial and Punishment Part 1

Keagan's P.O.V

I had never thought that I would come face to face with the alpha king or the ruler of the underworld one day. I had also never thought that I would be mated to their son, Victor. Neziah put me in a difficult position when he left and I was now asking myself if I hadn't raised my son well. I immediately wanted to chase after Neziah after he left but I hadn't showered yet. And the fact that I still needed to go grab the contract that Alexa and I had signed regarding Neziah's guardianship, was also holding me back.

I quickly took a shower and then chose a blue dress shirt and black dress pants to wear. I then casted a spell to take me back to my hometown. My parents were having dinner by the time I reached their house. They looked in surprise at me. The first thing that my mother asked me when she noticed that Neziah wasn't with me was, "Where is Neziah?" I didn't want to waste time so just replied to my mother while running up the stairs with "He's at my mate's house mom. I just came by to get something".

My parents followed me to my room and they looked questioningly at me when they saw me open our hidden safe. I groaned loudly when I couldn't find the contract regarding Neziah's guardianship amongst the papers that were in the safe. My father looked in concern at me and then asked me "Can you tell me what you're looking for Keagan?" I locked the safe's door in anger and then replied to my father with "I was looking for the contract that Alexa and I singed regarding Neziah's guardianship. Alexa's parents are back and they're claiming that they have the right to raise Neziah, which isn't true. The contract isn't here so have you two seen it anywhere?"

I shook my head at my parents when I heard them ask me in unison "Alexa's parents are back?" My mother quickly walked towards me when she noticed how irritated I was and then replied to me with "Your father and I haven't touched the safe since we came back Keagan. Everything seemed fine when we came back so we never bothered to check if anything was missing". I clutched my hair in frustration and then uttered "I can't believe this, someone stole the contract from right under our noses and we didn't even sense anything".

My father then put his hand on my shoulder and mind linked me to say "I have hidden several copies of the contract on different locations Keagan. One of them is in our safe deposit box at the bank. I'll grab it tomorrow after work for you. Your mother and I never trusted Alexa's parents so we made sure that they couldn't take our grandchild away from us after Alexa's death". I quickly hugged my father and then replied to him with "Thank you, dad but this isn't over yet. Try to find out who came into the house after we left. We have to make sure that this doesn't happen again".

My father nodded at me and I then placed a kiss on my mother's cheek before leaving again. I went back to the house to grab a jacket and I got startled when I suddenly heard Victor say "Put that back and wear a suit Keagan because my parents are back". I looked in fear at Victor and then replied to him with "Neziah went to the mansion to look for you, Victor. I'm going to bring him back before someone notices him". Victor was just about to stop me when I casted a spell to leave. I searched the whole apartment for Neziah but I couldn't find him anywhere. I could sense that he was safe so I had no other choice than to go back home without him. Victor looked in anger at me when I came back and then asked me "What are you being so nervous for Keagan?"

I sighed and then answered Victor's question with "This is my first time meeting your parents so I wanted to make a good impression on them. Well, that's out of the question now because I couldn't find Neziah anywhere". Victor caressed my cheek and then said "I know how you feel Keagan. I'm nervous too but let's not make things worse by acting recklessly, okay? And don't worry about Neziah, he's probably playing in one of the rooms". Victor then kissed me softly and grabbed the jacket that I was holding. He put the jacket back and then said "Don't forget that we're in this together Keagan". Victor then grabbed one of the suits that he had given me that morning and said "Wear this one, it will look good on you". I quickly changed my clothes and then grabbed Victor's hand. Victor smiled at me and then casted a spell to take us to the mansion.