Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Tracy hoped that Jack had exaggerated about the chemistry professor. But as time elapsed, and the class progressed, she realized he wasn't joking. Mister Baines was at least 2 inches taller than Reilly. A muscular black man with handsomely rugged features, Reilly's father was definitely the type of teacher young girls had crushes on. However, for Tracey, he was a terrifying figure. Come hell or high water, she had to make an A in his class. Anything else would be unacceptable.

"Hey girl, don't worry so much." Jack said after class. "We can always study together for his tests. He is Reilly's dad, you know."

"Hell yeah!" Reilly said enthusiastically. "You're so far ahead in all your other classes. Maybe for this one, I  could just sneak a test or two from his study." He said jokingly.

Tracy sighed, "I'm going to have to do something. Between work and class, I'm willing to try just about anything to make a good grade.  Are we still studying together this Saturday?

"Sounds good to me." Jack said, his friends nodding in agreement.

----------------

Wednesday in the cafeteria, Tracy and the guys were eating lunch together when they heard a loud crash. Looking around they saw that a girl had fallen to the floor with her tray of food.  Dressed all in black, she had apparently collided with another student and was still on her butt. Menacingly hovering over her was a  muscular guy, obviously a jock of some sort.  While everyone stared and snickered from a distance, Tracey stood up and went over to help. 

"Watch where you're going you dumb bitch." The guy yelled, before throwing an unopened carton of milk at the girl. Just as she raised her arms to block it, Tracy quickly appeared to deflect it away. 

"You're just as much at fault you know! You have eyeball too." She said calmly.  

Outraged, The guy roared back unintelligibly. Wincing, Tracy replied. "Do you have to make all that damn noise?" 

Furious, he picked up a tray and swung it at her. Tracy ducked, punching him hard with a clenched right uppercut.  Hitting him so hard in the chest with an resounding thud, you could hear his ribs crack. Yelling out in pain, he swung at her with his left arm, knocking Tracy to the floor. Jack, Reilly and Landon, soon realized that the guy was part of their pack and stood up to intervene.  All three could see that he was about to lose control of his wolf. With so many humans around, exposing their identities was the last thing they wanted.

 With so many humans around, exposing their identities was the last thing they wanted

^Jordan Baines^

"WHAT'S GOING ON Here?!" An imposing voice shouted. Mr. Baines who had rushed over from the faculty table with another female teacher demanded.

"Go to the office! Now!" He shouted,  pointing towards the exit. Lowering his tray, the boy whimpered at the dominant Beta and left.

"Well?" Mr. Baines demanded, staring at Tracy.