Chapter 46

CHAPTER 46

Thankfully the warm day wasn't oppressively hot and humid as a cool breeze drifted over the tournament field. The grounds that were used for challenges and competitions was relatively quiet as the Omegas stood together on one side. The bleachers were packed with spectators. Public opinion was mixed and the bets were on, unofficially of course, that the Omegas would loose. The reality was, they would either prove themselves worthy or fail miserably; thus embarrassing the Luna that trained them. A few were worried about the outcome.  Others looked on with glee. Jonathan had agreed that they could challenge or be challenged by whomever they wished. They could also decline, but that would be counted as a defeat. Tracy and Carla stood with their Omegas, as Jonathan came to the podium above the field.

"My Luna and Beta Trainers have worked diligently with some of our pack, the Omegas..." Boos sounded across the field. "They have been trained to fight. To make this competition fair, the Omegas will choose their forms of combat, either human, wolf, or both. They are allowed to wear their own armor and can  use spears and throwing knives as weapons. Firearms and arrows are not allowed. They can challenge and be challenged by anyone. Their challengers will be required to use weapons with the same restrictions and can choose to wear armor if they desire. Shifting for them is allowed, as long as it conforms to the Omegas stated forms. None of these fights are to the death. If someone is killed, and it is suspected to be non accidental, the other party will be arrested and tried for murderer." 

The crowd rumbled with anticipation as Jonathan looked at the eager group.  Raising his hand in a sweeping gesture, he said.

"Omegas. The field is yours."

Lenny Hanks was the first to step forward. Only  5 feet 8 inches tall and less than 150 pounds, he wore glasses and looked like a nerd. "Alpha Mason, I would like to challenge Brian Days for the right to claim his sister as my mate."

Jonathan leaned forward and looked at where the Days family sat in the bleachers. "You know it is forbidden by Werewolf Law to withhold mates from each other." He said to them.

" He said to them

^Alyssia Days^

"Sir!" Lenny called out to Brian. "I would like the opportunity to prove that I will be a fit mate for Alyssia."

He looked lovingly at the petite blonde that was smiling proudly at him from a distance.

"Very well then. Brian Days? Do you accept this challenge?"

"I DO." The man shouted as he stood to his feet. "I'll pound that runt into the ground."

"Regardless to the outcome of this challenge, the mate bond will have to be taken up with High Council.  Leonard Hanks has the right to claim his mate." Jonathan said sternly.

Snarling, Brian briefly bowed his head. "Yes Alpha."

"