Chapter 68

We have roughly 3-5 Chapters left... I might break some of them up because they're becoming rather lengthy.

This chapter will contain violence, but not excessive gore.

CHAPTER 68

2 days ago...

Grand hall of council headquarters was industrial in appearance. The hard concrete floors were mostly painted in a shiny white enamel and partially covered with thick grey carpeting. The brick walls were white with exposed metal beams in the ceiling. Cushioned black benches were trimmed in white and placed in neat rows behind a short picketed wall with a swinging metal gate.  Every seat was filled with members of different packs and their Alphas.  A long table was placed on a raised platform In front of the open barrier resembling a courtroom like setting.

In front  sat Tracy, Gideon, Jordan, and Lucy.  Elder David Rameeta was seated to their left.  Jordan had mentioned to Tracy that those around the disturbed looking man were Alphas of rival packs, including Colin Winters of the Midway pack who was next to him. He  was an intimidating figure with a deeply embedded scowl on his face. Tracy's spine shivered as the mountain of a man stared at her with his creepy, ice cold eyes.

 Tracy's spine shivered as the mountain of a man stared at her with his creepy, ice cold eyes

^Alpha Colin Winters^

When the gavel banged for order, it drew everyone's attention to the front. Seven council members sat behind the table with their mates . Tracy recognized Solomon and Maria Grey as one of the younger couples on the dais. Looking at her with concern, Solomon mouthed Jonathan's name.  Tracy shook her head 'no' just as an older man introduced himself as head councilman Harry Lanton and his mate Abigail.

"We are here today to address concerns that have been brought to this council's attention."  He said stiffly with his hands clasped in front of him.  "Presiding over this meeting will be Councilman Adam Hale and his mate Amanda, Councilman Solomon Grey and his mate Maria, Councilman Yorick Standish and his mate Sylvia, Councilman Douglas Monroe and his mate Agnes, Councilman Pott Hart and his mate Doris, Councilman Bruce Lang and his mate Diana."

Pausing his introductions, he looked over at Tracy and the others. "Luna Mason?"

"Yes, Sir?" Tracy answered, without any emotion.

"Where is your mate, Alpha Jonathan Mason?"

"He was unable to attend."

Councilman Hart spoke. "Luna Mason! This council is very busy.  For a summoned Alpha not to attend a meeting of this sort is an insult to all of us."

"I understand that.  But as Luna I am here to represent the Cub Creek Pack."

"Males are not allowed to rule without their female counterparts. It has always been in the best interest of the pack to have both a firm hand and a gentle heart. Why should we allow just you to represent your pack?"