Chapter 25

CHAPTER 25

The smell of fresh rain lingered heavy in the air.  Dark shadows covered the ground. Grey clouds blocked the sun. Most of the pack that had gathered were quiet as they watched the group of strangers come in through the mist. There were seven total, four men and three women. Werewolves held a rugged, strong beauty, warm  like the earth and woods. Vampires were cold and polished in their demeanor, like serpents.

 Vampires were cold and polished in their demeanor, like serpents

^ Lord Gideon Blood ^

For a meeting such as this, a Luna's place was always by her mate. Instead, Alpha Jonathan stood with his father, to appraise the intentions of their guests. He hadn't mentioned the event to Tracy, instructing everyone who could, not to.

John Mason had met Lord Gideon many years ago. They had worked together to capture rogues of his type that had crossed into pack territories. Jonathan felt that his father's familiarity might account for a smoother introduction.  As head elder, since giving up the Alpha's title, John Mason was an excellent go between. When John and Jonathan stepped forward, a tall vampire  Lurched forward. Almost levitating, Lord Gideon Blood received his welcome from Alpha Jonathan, then spoke abruptly.

"We've heard that a Protector resides among you." 

"Yes. This is true."  Elder John answered.

 Our Vampire Covens wish to meet her.  We would like to assess her capabilities." The vampire said coldly.

"For what purpose?" Jonathan growled, stepping forward to meet the cold black eyes of his paleness.

"This is my son, Jonathan. I have recently turned the Alpha title over to him." Elder John said.

"Alpha." Lord Gideon acknowledged Jonathan with a nod,  before commencing with his story. 

"Centuries ago, the witch, Ivory White, led a revolt against the heads of the supernaturals. My father was the Coven Head at that time. Using magic, she tricked the vampire royals, 12 Alphas of the largest Were packs in the world, and the Sprite Queen Rosa. They granted her, under a spell, the power of  Queen Supreme of the supernatural world.

 They granted her, under a spell, the power of  Queen Supreme of the supernatural world