Chapter 63

Thanks to all that have voted, followed and/or added me to their reading list. Y'all are awesome!

I don't think I've put in a picture of Lord Parrish yet. It will be in this chapter.

Before reading this chapter, please note that it is based very loosely on historical events in America. It is a work of complete fiction. Try not to get your historically correct panties in a twist.

CHAPTER 63

7 days ago...

Since arriving at rogue ranch, Cade hadn't left Lady Anna's side. He was obviously worried but at the same time incredibly happy.  He was once again with his Eternal One. Tracy vowed that no matter what, she would find a way to keep them together.

"Gideon once told me that the birthmark identified your Eternal One." Tracy said.

"They're more of a confirmation. I have a white one in the shape of a leaf right above my heart."

"Hers is much lower than that. How did you know she was your-"

"Vampires can sense their Eternal Ones without ever touching or seeing them. It's like being color blind your whole life and then, in one incredible moment, suddenly seeing things that are indescribably vibrant." When he looked over at Lady Anna's sleeping face with expressions of love, Tracy ached for her own mate.

Cade smiled. "She's the brilliance in my cold dull world.  She's all the light I'll ever need."

Silent for a moment, Tracy asked. "Why can't you be together?"

"Lord Parrish." Cade spat out with hatred.  Tracy flinched at his raw expression.

"Anna had come to America with her husband. They were Puritans who had arrived aboard the Mayflower."

"Seriously? Well that would explain her rather straitlaced ways, I guess."

Cade smiled sadly. "I'm afraid there's more to the story than that. The truth about what happened to Anna and Thomas Cloud, a childless couple and 'last second' addition to the voyage, was lost in history.  Like most imigrants of that time, Thomas did not survive the first year. Alone and afraid, Anna did her best to stay alive.  During those months she helped orphaned children. Every family of her small colony had lost someone. Everyone struggling to avoid death, it was like a hungry beast, always lurking in the shadows. But what came next for her was the beginning of a truly terrifying nightmare.

 But what came next for her was the beginning of a truly terrifying nightmare

^Lord Parrish^

Lord Parrish was a vampire from England.  Banished from his family's coven, he had decided to make a new life in a new land.  So, he went to America on a ship that landed on Roanoke Island off the coast of North Carolina. In history, it became known as the Lost Colony. Roughly 115 people disappeared without a trace. Some believed that the Natives captured them, others blamed it on sickness. The truth was far more horrific.