Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

After thanking the ladies in the kitchen, Tracy headed to the main hall to find Alpha John.

"Ah Tracy," Alpha John Mason said. "Ready to begin your tour?"

"Of course!" Tracy replied enthusiastically, just as the front door opened. Her grandfather walked through the entrance,  as Jack, Reilly and Landon appeared from a side hall.

"Hey Grandpa! How's mom ?" Tracy asked.

"She's good.  No need to worry." Roger said, giving Tracy a big hug, "I explained everything and she understands. Your mother has always been aware of what your father and I were. She knows that your responsibilities will require extensive training."

"I'll call her tonight..... Wait a minute! How did mom know about all this?"

"I didn't want to live my life with lies and secrets, so I told your grandma before we got married. Your father did the same."

"When were you going to tell me?" Tracy asked her grandfather, disappointingly.

"Well, since you were dismissed from the council's list for potential powers, we were going to wait until you turned 18. There was always the possibility that your child would become a Born Hunter...." Roger said. Looking around, his eyes settling on Jonathan. In a lower voice he added "...but now I'm not so sure."

Before Tracy could ask what he meant, a tall, attractive woman dressed in a bright yellow dress bustled in. "John, have you seen my broach?" Suddenly realizing Tracy's presence, she apologized for her casualness. "Oh sorry, I didn't realize we had guests."

"Not a problem dear, please come and meet Mr. Roger Evans and his granddaughter Tracy. Roger, Tracy this is my beautiful mate, Camilla." 

"Nice to meet you Mr. Evans." She said, shaking Roger's hand.

"And you, my dear, must be the young lady that saved our boys and my niece." Camilla said, walking towards her.

"Boys? Oh, you mean the twins?" Tracy asked, remembering the young boys who were  surrounded by the Jinn.

^The twins^

"That's right. Salem and Dayton." Camilla said with pride.

Jack chuckled, "They hate their names so we call them 'Sunny and Dee.'"

Camilla sighed, "They're perfectly good names," she said defensively, as she gave Tracy a hug.

As soon as Camilla's cheek touched hers, Tracy envisioned the woman picking up a broach from a vanity table and pinning it to the front of a dark purple dress.

" Are you alright?" Camilla asked, noticing Tracy's entranced gaze as she pulled away from the embrace.

"Hmm? Oh umm, does your broach have a brownish green center stone with smaller ones of the same color surrounding it?"