Chapter 54

CHAPTER 54

The name 'Lucy' was obviously non-specific. A vague gender reference to a clue that Isiah was unable to elaborate on, the alias could be an inanimate object or not. He allowed Tracy to view his mind to confirm his story.  Using her powers to see everything from the journal's perspective, her vision ended after Isiah handed the leather bound text to a figure that was dressed in gold and black.  Looking beyond that was impossible.

Gideon was preparing to leave the pack house. Having duties to fulfill within his own coven, he had passed on obligations to Isiah.  Decades out of practice, the once experienced vampire warrior had agreed to continue with Tracy's training, as well as Cade's.

When Jonathan had called a meeting, Tracy, Carla, Jack, Cade, John Mason, Erik, and others showed up in the conference room. Before he began informing them of the reason behind Councilman Grey's visit, Tracy insisted that Isiah be present and asked Cade to go out and find him.

Using his vampire speed to reach Isiah's room,  Cade paused outside the slightly cracked door.  Inside he could hear Gideon's voice.

"I don't care what you have to do. Protect Tracy no matter what, even if it cost  you your very life, or I swear the tortures of your imprisonment will not hold a candle to the pain I will inflict on you." The darkness in Gideon's voice was curdling, and poured into Cade's head chilling him to the bone.

"Life and death are in the hands of the Creator." Isiah replied calmly. "Even for the sake of your Eternal One, I cannot interfere with Fate. Tracy will be safe, but she is coming to a part of the journey that only a chosen few can follow. That much I know."

There was a moment of silence before Gideon spoke again. "One more thing. As much as Tracy wants to save everyone, she cannot. Too much is at stake here. Do NOT allow her to interfere with Cade's love life or it will draw too much attention from both the Vampire Royals and the Werewolf Council. A Council member has already visited here and the consequences of change are knocking at their door."

Outside the door, Cade swallowed hard.  He thought about his love, Lady Ana. He knew that nothing would keep him from her. If Tracy couldn't help them be together, he would wait a thousand years for her to be in his arms. Composing himself, he made his presence known with a loud knock before pushing the door open to enter.

"Your presence is wanted at the meeting downstairs." He said from just inside the entrance.

"We'll be down in a moment." Isiah said.

As Cade turned to leave Gideon's voice stopped him. "Via Silentium." He said with authority. It was the vampire code for silence. 

Amidst their world, centuries of discovered secrets were expected to be kept, unknown to the human world and others. To break this silence, once Via Silentium was evoked, would carry severe consequences. Cade nodded to the dictum and left.

-------------

Jonathan briefed everyone on Council Grey's visit.

"So what happens now?" Tracy asked.

"You and I will have to travel to Council Hall to speak to Council members concerning these matters. Isiah, Cade, and Elder Rameeta will travel with us. More than likely Midway Pack Alpha will be there as well."

"I'll come too." Jack said.

"You mean 'We'll come!'" Carla interjected.

"Absolutely not." Jack said. "I can't allow my mate to go on a potentially dangerous mission."

"Neither of you are coming." Jonathan said firmly, allowing a tinge of his Alpha's authority to leech into his voice.

Jack and Carla bowed their heads in submission before Jack tried again. "But-"