Chapter 6 (Mature Content)

^Cub Creek Pack House^

CHAPTER 6 (SMUTS AHEAD)

It was pouring rain when Jonathan arrived home Friday night. Unsuccessful at finding anyone suitable, he decided he would ask his father for a list of eligible candidates. Debating whether he should select an unmated female or  widowed one, he preferred the former. Jonathan reasoned that stepchildren would offer too many unknowns, the least of which would be the constant power struggle between their biological children and her previous ones. 

Pack members lowered their heads as he passed through the house. Focusing his thoughts on what he needed to say before approaching the study, Jonathan knocked softly on the large oak door.  When his mother appeared to greet him, he immediately noticed her beauty.  She was a tall brunette that stood five foot 9 inches. Wearing her black hair down, it rolled softly across her shoulders, accenting her smooth, olive skin and dark brown eyes. She was 63 but looked 35.  Werewolves age much slower than humans. His mother was a perfect example. Once they're able to shift , they can live to be 320 years old.

"Jonathan!" Camilla cried out, tightly wrapping her arms around her son.

^Camilla Mason^

Jonathan was glad to see his mother.  Holding her close, the scent of vanilla and brown sugar filled his nostrils; a comforting smell that was unique and calming.

"Any luck son?" His father's voice boomed from across the room.

"Not yet." Jonathan said, as he and his mother walked over to the desk.

" Jonathan said, as he and his mother walked over to the desk

^Jonathan Mason^

"I need to ask both of you to put together a list of eligible females?" Jonathan said. "I will look through it tomorrow and announce my choice on Sunday."

Saddened by this, his mother teared up.  Looking to her husband pleadingly, she hoped that he could stave off the inevitable, in order to find their son's true love. Pulling his wife close, Alpha John rubbed her back soothingly.  

"We'll put it together tonight." His father assured him. "Get some rest. We'll talk more about this tomorrow." Bidding his parents goodnight, Jonathan left the room.