The Caretaker pt.2

Out in the playground another gizmo goes inside a drain grating. Part of the playground has a large chessboard painted on it, with corresponding sized pieces.

"Shoot! Yes!" a black rook is knocked over by a football.

"Hey, I said you could play chess, I did not say you could play football on the chessboard. Jack, Morgan, come on, help me out, clear it up" Clara says, the Doctor and I walk to the Caretaker's storeroom.

"And one for luck" a gizmo goes into the hanging basket by the door of the storeroom, I go inside followed by the Doctor, the TARDIS is parked inside.

"Ok. Now we're in business. Let's see the lie of the land. Time to see what's going on" the Doctor says, we go into the TARDIS, and a green light floods out of it. Courtney enters the storeroom.

"Hello? Oi. What are you two doing? Are you in there?"

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the most dangerous of them all?" the green light goes out.

"There's been a spillage in Geography, I need some paper towels" the Doctor and I come out of the TARDIS.

"Can't you read?" the Doctor asks.

"Course I can read. Read what?"

"The door. It says, Keep Out."

"No, it says, Go Away Humans" the Doctor walks over and looks.

"Oh, so it does. Never lose your temper in the middle of a door sign."

"What were you both doing in there? What's that box?"

"The caretaker's box. Every caretaker has their own box" I reply.

"It says Police."

"Exactly, there's a policeman in there, in case of emergencies and children. Towels, there, go, go, go."

"What was that green glow? There was a green glow coming from in there. What was it?"

"Of course, there was. What's a policeman without a death ray?" the Doctor asks, the school bell rings "oh, listen, there's the bell. Off you go. Haven't you got shoplifting to go to?"

"I'm going to tell the Headmaster."

"Oh, yes, fine. Well, cut along, you're running out of time" I say.

"For what?"

"Everything. Human beings have incredibly short lifespans. Frankly, you should all be in a permanent state of panic. Tick tock, tick tock" the Doctor says.

"You're both weird."

"Yes, we are. What about you?"

"I'm a disruptive influence."

"Good to meet you."

"And you two" we shake hands.

"Now get lost" I say with a smile.

"Ok" Courtney leaves as Clara enters "hello, miss. Love to the Squaddie."

"Sorry, what did you say? What was she doing in here?" Clara asks.

"Paper towels. Now, I imagine you have many questions. Fire away. We won't answer any of them" the Doctor says.

"What were they like?"

"What were, who like?" I ask.

"The others before me. Did they let you get away with this kind of thing? This school is in danger."

"Well, it's lucky we're here, then," the Doctor says.

"From you."

"Us?"