Mummy On Orient Express pt.2

Clara is taking the door lock apart and moving wires around. The only light is through the grill over a window.

"Do you know what you're doing?" Maisie asks.

"Nope. But I do need to be slightly more skilled than a high-heeled shoe" Clara replies.

"Do you ever wish bad things on people?"

"Oh, yeah. All the time. Whoever designed this door, for a start."

"She wasn't really my mum. She just made me call her that. She was my gran. Do you know why I wanted to see her body?"

"Because you loved her very much and were missing her?"

"No. You obviously never met her. No, I just felt really guilty. Like I'd been picturing her dying for years. Like a daydream. Not really meaning it. At least, I don't think I did. But now, it just feels like I made this happen" Clara abandons the lock.

"Hey, listen. You didn't do anything wrong. Difficult people, they can make you feel all sorts of things. But you didn't do it. You didn't kill her. She just died."

"Are you sure about that?" they look at a large iron case at the far end of the strong room. It has a large red shiny oval where the head would be and a single small red light.

*Corridor*

"I think we need to talk," the Doctor says as he and I walk up to Captain Quell.

"This matter does not concern the passengers."

"We're not passengers. We're your worst nightmare" the Doctor hands, Quell the psychic paper.

"Mystery shoppers. Oh, great."

"Really? That's your worst? Ok, we're mystery shoppers. We could do with an extra pillow and I'm very disappointed with your breakfast bar and all of the dying.

*Quell's office*

Quell gets three glasses and pours drinks. On the wall is a framed Certificate of Bravery awarded to Capt. Hector Quell by United Galaxy Tours.

"This is not exactly within your job description," Quell says.

"Come on, Captain. Where would we all be if we all followed our job descriptions, hmm? Good question. Glad you asked. In your case, you'd be doing something instead of climbing inside a bottle" the Doctor says.

"I have followed the procedure for accidental death to the letter."

"Yes, we're sure you have. And I'm sure you do just enough of your job to avoid complaints" I say.

"You don't know anything about me."

"Wounded in battle, honourable discharge. And this is just a guess, but I think you've had the fight knocked out of you. You expected this to be a cushy desk job where you could put your head down until retirement. Well, I'm sorry. As of today, that dream is over."

"There is no evidence of any attack or other parties."

"Yes, let's just sit around and wait for the evidence while the bodies pile up. Or here's a crazy thought. We could do something to stop it. Why are we even talking to you?" the Doctor asks.

*Corridor*

Perkins is waiting outside with rolls of papers.

"Er, passenger manifest, plan of the train and a list of stops for the past six months," Perkins says.

"Quick work, Perkins. Maybe too quick" the Doctor mutters.

"Yes, sir. I'm obviously the mummy. Or perhaps I was already looking into this."